Tag Archives: support.esri.com
As always, Esri Support aims to make your time with us as simple and pleasant as possible. We are constantly reviewing the ways we interact with you and making improvements so that you receive the best possible support from our highly qualified team of analysts.
Starting on April 3rd, we are deprecating the firstname.lastname@example.org email address as a method for creating an Esri Support ticket. Instead, we request that all Email and Chat cases be created through the Support website. Continue reading
Here at Esri Support, our goal is to provide you with a world-class support experience and ensure your success with the ArcGIS Platform–one element of this experience is online support.
This blog pertains to web maps and layer items that have both of these characteristics:
- Web maps and layers authored with ArcGIS Online prior to the June 2016 update.
- Contains polygon layers that are styled using Smart Mapping tools to adjust symbol size and/or outline width automatically based on scale
You also have the ability to automatically adjust the width of the outline of the polygon based on the current scale. Automatic sizing of polygon outline widths were also being represented using pixels rather than points.
Example map with automatic sizing before the update
Example map with automatic sizing after the update
What can you do if your web map was affected by this update?
If you created a web map or layer item in Online prior to the June update with layer styles that take advantage of automatic sizing based on scale, we recommend that you reauthor your web map. This process will resave your web map with the correct sizing values for consistent display in all ArcGIS clients. Here are the steps to reauthor your web map:
- Open your web map or layer item
- Click on “Change Style” in the layer menu for the polygon layer(s) that use automatic sizing of symbols. Note: You might want to write down the options you have selected so that you can easily reselect them in step 4.
- Select a different style for your symbols than you originally had selected and click “Done.”
- Click “Change Style” again on the same layer and reselect the original styling options you had, and click “Done.” Any options that were configured within the original style must be reconfigured.
- Save your web map or layer item. Your web map will now have size represented using point values.
For information on changing the style of your web map or layer item, see this help topic.
Note: this issue also occurs in web maps and layers that were created in Portal for ArcGIS and will be addressed in Portal for ArcGIS version 10.5. This article will be updated once a solution is available.
Esri Support is pleased to introduce the new Esri Support website. The new support.esri.com has been designed with a focus on providing an improved online support experience for all users. In addition to the new product-centered navigation, there are a number of new features to help you find answers to your questions and solutions to your technical issues on the ArcGIS platform.
It’s here! We have released the beta version of the upcoming Support website redesign. This is an exciting change that enhances the current capabilities of the web site, improves the organization of Support content, and modernizes the way in which you interact with … Continue reading
Hello everyone – we are happy to announce that a new Esri Support website (support.esri.com) will be launching soon! As a resource for self-service and assisted support, the Support website plays an important role in our customers’ online support experience. Our Support website currently … Continue reading
Esri is currently in the process of redesigning support.esri.com, and we are looking for some design feedback from the user community. Please take a few moments to complete the Support Design Survey to help us improve your online support experience. Click here … Continue reading