Tag Archives: firefox
Announcement: Errors Encountered in ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS Web Apps after Certain Browser Updates
02/06/2017 Update: Patches have been released for Portal for ArcGIS version 10.3 and 10.4, which can be found here. We are continuing to work on patches for ArcGIS Server Manager (10.2.x, 10.3, and 10.4) and Portal for ArcGIS (10.2.x). We appreciate your patience as these patches are being developed.
11/23/2016 Update: Patches have been released for ArcGIS Server version 10.3.1 and 10.4.1, which can be found here. We are continuing to work on patches for ArcGIS Server Manager (10.2.x, 10.3, and 10.4) and Portal for ArcGIS (10.2.x, 10.3, and 10.4). We appreciate your patience as these patches are being developed.
11/10/2016 Update: Patches have been released for Portal for ArcGIS versions 10.3.1 and 10.4.1, which can be found here. We are continuing to develop patches for ArcGIS Server Manager (10.2.x, 10.3.x, and 10.4.x) and Portal for ArcGIS at version 10.2.x, 10.3, and 10.4.
The forthcoming updates to the Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers cause errors in some web applications for ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS when users upload content. Continue reading
Support Center home page have been generally well-received. Here’s what folks have been saying:
- Issues in Firefox. Some FireFox users have reported problems with the “Open my search options” link; others have reported page layout issues. We didn’t see these issues when we tested the new home page in Firefox (I actually assisted with the testing), so these reports came as a bit of a surprise. The problems commonly occur when the home page is displayed using older (cached) CSS files, and possibly older cookies.
In most cases, these problems can be solved by clearing the browser’s caches. The way to do this varies depending on the version of Firefox you’re using. See the 3rd and 4th bullets on this mozillaZine page for some instructions; first try clearing the cache (4th bullet), then if problems persist, try clearing the cookies (3rd bullet).
- Murmurs of Approval. In regard to what we actually changed, the feedback from the blogosphere has been modestly positive. On his scrappad! blog, Jithen Singh mentioned that the search options seemed quite a bit easier to get to. James Fee commented on his blog that the new home page “is a little easier to manage than the previous setup.” Thanks for the positive comments, guys – they are appreciated.
- But what about…? On the other hand, James, Jithen and others have also been quick to point out that there’s still plenty of room for improvement. Agreed! This was just the first of several Support Center improvement projects. We chose to start as we did for a number of reasons, including:
- We felt these changes would benefit everyone, regardless of how you find information on the site or how often you visit.
- We wanted to catch your attention, to let you know that significant changes are underway.
- This home page improvement project was limited in scope, which allowed for faster development and rollout. We’ll likely limit the scope of future improvement projects for the same reason.
right here. Take the survey and let us know what you’d like to see us work on! I’ll summarize the results in a future post.