Author Archives: Artemis F.
Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) version 2.4 supports a Report class with which you can print a file with a map, tables, and other supporting elements. Check out the ArcGIS blog post, Creating a Custom Widget for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS using the … Continue reading
This blog pertains to web maps and layer items that have both of these characteristics:
- Web maps and layers authored with ArcGIS Online prior to the June 2016 update.
- Contains polygon layers that are styled using Smart Mapping tools to adjust symbol size and/or outline width automatically based on scale
You also have the ability to automatically adjust the width of the outline of the polygon based on the current scale. Automatic sizing of polygon outline widths were also being represented using pixels rather than points.
Example map with automatic sizing before the update
Example map with automatic sizing after the update
What can you do if your web map was affected by this update?
If you created a web map or layer item in Online prior to the June update with layer styles that take advantage of automatic sizing based on scale, we recommend that you reauthor your web map. This process will resave your web map with the correct sizing values for consistent display in all ArcGIS clients. Here are the steps to reauthor your web map:
- Open your web map or layer item
- Click on “Change Style” in the layer menu for the polygon layer(s) that use automatic sizing of symbols. Note: You might want to write down the options you have selected so that you can easily reselect them in step 4.
- Select a different style for your symbols than you originally had selected and click “Done.”
- Click “Change Style” again on the same layer and reselect the original styling options you had, and click “Done.” Any options that were configured within the original style must be reconfigured.
- Save your web map or layer item. Your web map will now have size represented using point values.
For information on changing the style of your web map or layer item, see this help topic.
Note: this issue also occurs in web maps and layers that were created in Portal for ArcGIS and will be addressed in Portal for ArcGIS version 10.5. This article will be updated once a solution is available.
Beta versions of Esri vector basemaps are now available through ArcGIS Online as vector tile layers. These vector basemaps are accessible as both ready-to-use web maps and as vector tile layers you can add to a map. Additionally, vector basemaps include a variety of styles, some new … Continue reading
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF version 10.2.5 is significant in that it is the final release of this product. While technical support will be available through July 1, 2016, maintenance of this product has been discontinued. Customers who develop with this product … Continue reading