Well, my friends, the time has come! We’ve had quite a good time with you all from this little corner of the internet, but in just a few weeks, the Esri Support Services Blog will be moving to a new home.
This blog and several other Esri blogs will move from the blogs.esri.com domain to their new home on the Esri Community (GeoNet) website. This move is great for everyone–here in Support, we’ll have more opportunities to engage with you and help you further your GIS goals with the ArcGIS Platform. As blog readers, not only can you join a plethora of forum discussion topics, ideas, and community groups involving Esri, GIS, and The Science of Where, but you will have a much deeper level of engagement with blog authors and content in a single place.
So, if you are not familiar with our blog site, then perhaps this isn’t a big deal. However, if you have been a regular reader, you will want to know what this means (i.e. accessing your go-to blog posts and the like). This thread on GeoNet goes into more detail, but here are some highlights:
- The “official” move date period is early to mid-October 2017.
- The home page URL for our new site will be https://geonet.esri.com/groups/technical-support/.
- Most blogs on our website will automatically redirect to their new homes on GeoNet. No need to update your bookmarks or edit your posts–we have you covered.
- If a blog has not been migrated (e.g., Happy Halloween 2009), you will be redirected to the Technical Support home page on GeoNet.
- You do *not* need a GeoNet account to access our blog content, but you will need one to post comments, like posts, and so forth.
As administrators, we have thoroughly enjoyed developing and growing our blog site over the years, and we hope you will join us on our next voyage with the Esri Community.
Greg L. and Megan S. – Esri Support Blog Admins