We get a lot of certification-related questions. While we welcome these questions, we realize there are likely many people with similar questions who haven’t reached out to us. With hope and faith in the power of search engine indexing, we’ve compiled the list of resources below.
An easy first stop for information seekers is the Common Questions page on the Esri Training website. You can filter the list to quickly see the certification-related questions.
Explore Sample Questions
For each of the available certifications, there is a sample question web course you can use to understand the types of questions you may see on the exam. The samples are intended to give you an idea of how actual exam questions are structured—samples are not representative of the exam content or scope. View the sample question courses.
Watch a Free Seminar
Maybe you have a question (or two) related to your specific circumstances or interests. A one-hour training seminar that provides an overview of the certification program is available. This is a recording of a live seminar in which attendees submitted questions and the presenters answered them. It’s highly likely that some of those questions are the same ones you have.
How Do I Prepare?
If exam preparation resource recommendations are what you’re looking for, it’s best to first look at the Skills Measured tab on each certification exam page to see what’s being tested. It’s likely there will be some skill areas that may require further study, either because you don’t commonly perform those tasks on the job or you’re not experienced with the ArcGIS tools and workflows for performing them. Once you’ve determined what you need to study, there are a number of resources available to help you prepare.
- Esri resources are listed on each exam page’s Preparation Resources tab.
- Explore the ArcGIS Resource Centers for technical articles, blog posts, help topics, and white papers covering concepts and skills you may need to brush up on.
- Your local public library or university library probably has books and periodicals that would be helpful for exam preparation. Check out the GIS Bibliography to search for resources before tackling the library. You can e-mail yourself the results from any GIS Bibliography searches you do.
- An Esri Press study guide is available for the ArcGIS Desktop Associate certification.
- You can find more tips to prepare on the Certification website
If you still have a question after reviewing the resources above, e-mail the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We really do want you to get the answer.