Tag: windows store
Over the past several years we have been very busy building Apps for the Field across the mobile platforms that you use most.
Everyday workflows for asset data collection and inspection, capturing observations, and completing surveys can be realized using Collector for ArcGIS and Survey123 for ArcGIS on iOS and Android devices or using Windows 10 tablets and PCs. You can also complete Survey forms on Windows 7 laptops/tablets and Windows 10 phones. Continue reading
There is a lot of excitement about Collector for ArcGIS on Windows 10. However, making it available is presenting a challenge to organizations that don’t allow access to the Windows Store. These organizations need to instead deploy Collector through the … Continue reading
At the //build/ conference in San Francisco today, Microsoft announced a new development platform for Windows Phone that unifies the developer experience between Windows Store and Windows Phone. This greatly enhances the code-sharing story we presented at Esri Developer Summit … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce the 10.2 beta release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps. The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps provides a high performance mapping experience for modern apps on Windows 8 and Windows RT. The SDK is founded on an ArcGIS core runtime, built for the Windows Runtime, and provided for use by .NET developers. The beta release of the SDK includes support for building XAML/.NET Windows Store apps. Use the SDK to:
- Mash-up map, feature, and image services from ArcGIS Online and your own on-premise ArcGIS Server to create unique maps
- Search for features in a map using spatial or SQL criteria
- Sketch points, lines and polygons on the map
- Match addresses to locations (geocode) and locations to addresses (reverse-geocode)
- Generate routes and driving directions
- Use the geometry engine to perform geometric operations and compute spatial relationships between features
- Search and use items in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS
Download the SDK from the Esri Beta Community. To start, you’ll need an Esri Global account, registered with the Beta Community. Once registered, fill out a brief survey to be accepted into the beta program. Once in the program, click on the Software Downloads link under the Project Resources section (bottom of the table of contents), download the VSIX file and install. Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 8 is required.
We invite you to browse the documentation for the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps at: http://developers.arcgis.com/en/windows-store
We also provide a set of repositories on GitHub with source code to help you get started and enhance your Windows Store apps quickly and easily:
- Download and use the interactive SDK to view brief, instructive samples on how to use the product: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-samples-winstore
- Download and use the toolkit to enhance the SDK with addition controls: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-winstore
We encourage you to participate and look forward to your feedback in the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps forum (login with your Esri Global account): http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/231-ArcGIS-Runtime-SDK-for-Windows-Store-apps.
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps Team
The ArcGIS app now available in the Windows Store provides a preview of features that integrate the new touch-centric view of Windows 8 and Windows RT with the ArcGIS Online mapping platform. With the app you can explore a gallery of compelling maps … Continue reading