Now available to your Runtime application projects – StreetMap Premium data for display, routing, and geocoding. Do you need to take your ArcGIS Runtime application offline, so that it works in a disconnected environment? Need a map that’s stored locally? … Continue reading
. Tile Package Kreator is the latest creation by Esri Labs. This desktop utility is designed to help you quickly create Tile Package files. Tile Package files are used with out of the box mobile apps like Survey123 for ArcGIS … Continue reading
We are excited to announce the Quartz Tech Preview of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Xamarin! This SDK enables .NET developers to build immersive, native mapping applications for Android and iOS devices using C#. It includes three APIs: Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS for apps that need access to native functionality, and Xamarin.Forms to create shared UI layouts across Android and iOS. All are built on the same ArcGIS Runtime .NET API so they share a common design which encourages sharing code across application platforms.
Here is what you can expect to do in the Quartz Tech Preview of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Xamarin:
- Open, edit, and author web maps from ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS
- Open ArcGIS mobile map packages containing maps, layers, locators, and networks
- Display layers that use ArcGIS services (tiled and dynamic map image layers, vector tiled layers, feature layers)
- Edit feature layers online and offline using geodatabase feature tables and the geodatabase sync task
- Work with anonymous and secured portals
The Tech Preview is open to the public. To learn how to get started, go to the ArcGIS for Developers web site and join the Tech Preview.
The App Challenge Esri recently wrapped up the The Esri Human Health and Climate Change App Challenge. This was an awesome opportunity for geo developers everywhere to come up with solutions that utilize Esri technology to help health and human … Continue reading
The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET enables developers to build connected or offline Windows apps that provide end users with focused editing workflows across native Microsoft platforms (Desktop, Store, Phone). A common developer requirement is to implement a measure tool … Continue reading
The 10.2.5 release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET is now available to download from the ArcGIS for Developers web site. This quality release follows the 10.2.4 release in October 2014 and addresses some critical issues you asked us to fix. You can read the full list of enhancements, issues addressed, and known limitations in the release notes. We’ve also enhanced the search and browse experience for sample content by integrating within the ArcGIS for Developers web site.
Keep in mind the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET and Toolkit are also available as NuGet packages:
NuGet is integrated with Visual Studio and makes it easy to get started developing apps with the product and retrieving updates when available.
The next release of ArcGIS Runtime SDKs is coming soon! It brings performance improvements you’ve come to expect but also the ability to write applications that can work both online and offline using a single API. We’re introducing the new … Continue reading
Everyone knows that consumer devices are now in the hands of everyone from toddlers to your grandparents, and your information when designed for mobile, can reach more individuals than ever before. You may know that you need a mobile strategy, … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce the 10.2 beta release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps. The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps provides a high performance mapping experience for modern apps on Windows 8 and Windows RT. The SDK is founded on an ArcGIS core runtime, built for the Windows Runtime, and provided for use by .NET developers. The beta release of the SDK includes support for building XAML/.NET Windows Store apps. Use the SDK to:
- Mash-up map, feature, and image services from ArcGIS Online and your own on-premise ArcGIS Server to create unique maps
- Search for features in a map using spatial or SQL criteria
- Sketch points, lines and polygons on the map
- Match addresses to locations (geocode) and locations to addresses (reverse-geocode)
- Generate routes and driving directions
- Use the geometry engine to perform geometric operations and compute spatial relationships between features
- Search and use items in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS
Download the SDK from the Esri Beta Community. To start, you’ll need an Esri Global account, registered with the Beta Community. Once registered, fill out a brief survey to be accepted into the beta program. Once in the program, click on the Software Downloads link under the Project Resources section (bottom of the table of contents), download the VSIX file and install. Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 8 is required.
We invite you to browse the documentation for the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps at: http://developers.arcgis.com/en/windows-store
We also provide a set of repositories on GitHub with source code to help you get started and enhance your Windows Store apps quickly and easily:
- Download and use the interactive SDK to view brief, instructive samples on how to use the product: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-samples-winstore
- Download and use the toolkit to enhance the SDK with addition controls: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-winstore
We encourage you to participate and look forward to your feedback in the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps forum (login with your Esri Global account): http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/231-ArcGIS-Runtime-SDK-for-Windows-Store-apps.
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps Team