Tag: Business Analyst
Blog Series – Importing and Using Your Own Data in Business Analyst – (4 of 6) Uploading Your Custom Data and Report Template to Business Analyst Server (Part B)
by Chris Wilcox
This Part B of the fourth entry of a six part product team series that will walk you through importing your custom data and exposing it in multiple aspects of Business Analyst – such as maps, reports, analysis, and applications. The upcoming entries will highlight some great tips and tricks for all things Business Analyst customization. Check out the previous post here.
As a follow up to my previous blog, I thought you might find this helpful when uploading a custom BDS to Business Analyst Server. Kyle also noted this in his blog found here.
If you are uploading a custom BDS to Business Analyst Server that is based on a large custom dataset, you may see the following screen: Continue reading
By Catherine Spisszak
The U.N. just announced that the world population has reached 7 billion. How much does the U.S. contribute to this population growth? And how has the face of the U.S. changed since the last decennial Census in 2000? Continue reading
Blog Series – Importing and Using Your Own Data in Business Analyst – (3 of 6) Creating a Custom Report with Custom Data (Part B)
by Jeff Hincy
This is Part B of the third entry of a six part product team blog series that will walk you through importing your custom data and exposing it in multiple aspects of Business Analyst – such as maps, reports, analysis, and applications. The upcoming entries will highlight some great tips and tricks for all things Business Analyst customization. Check out the previous post here.
In Part A I focused on building a report utilizing the custom data created in a previous blog with Business Analyst Desktop. In Part B I will show you how to install the report report and run it.
Now that we have a custom report built the next step is to Continue reading
Are you attending our annual Esri International User Conference next week in San Diego, California?
If so, please stop by the Commercial Solutions Islands and meet our staff. We will be there to answer any questions you may have or give you a demonstration of our products.
We will also have a series of technical workshops and presentations in the Demo Theatre of the Commercial Solutions booth on topics ranging from the Business Analyst products to the Census and American Community Survey. Here is a list of our sessions: Continue reading
By Lucy Guerra
Esri just released two new American Community Survey (ACS) reports, the ACS Population Summary and ACS Housing Summary on Business Analyst Online. Business Analyst Desktop users have immediate access to these reports. No downloads, no installation, the reports are already there!
To start using the new ACS reports, in Business Analyst Preferences, make sure that your BAO credentials are applied and that the checkboxes for online access are checked on in BA Preferences.
A not so quick note to let you know that i just put a Business Analyst Online(BAO) reporting widget for the ArcGIS Viewer 2.2 for Flex on the ArcGIS.com Telecom group. This includes a compiled version and source code to allow you to develop it further.
This widget uses the BAO developer APIs to access extensive demographic, consumer spending and business data for the entire United States. Via the widget users can generate detailed boardroom ready reports in PDF format for areas the user selects on the map.
Try it live here. Sample is limited to Redlands, CA, 92373/92374 ZIP codes. To run reports in other regions the widget will require you to have a full BAO login or sign up for a free trial of the API here.
The widget is very easy to use, when it opens it will show a dialog allowing you to enter your BAO account details. Enter your details and click submit.
Some great news to share with ArcGIS Desktop users… we’ve just released a new Add-In for ArcGIS Desktop called the ESRI Business Analyst Online Reports Add-In. This add-in gives you access to high quality data from ESRI’s Updated Demographic and Business Data products right inside ArcGIS Desktop. GIS professionals in public and private sectors can use this data to assist with decisions such as evaluating areas for community needs, planning for future growth, targeting potential sites for expansion or consolidation, etc…
The Business Analyst Online Reports Add-In connects ArcGIS Desktop to reports and data from Business Analyst Online, a web application hosted by ESRI. Using any polygon layer in your ArcMap table of contents, you can select one (or more) of the 35 reports available, choose a report format (PDF or XLS), and within a few seconds, get a presentation quality report that summarizes the demographics for the area. You can even choose to append the data back to the attributes of the map layer so that you can use it in ArcMap.
Getting started is simple…
Activate your free 7 day trial
In addition, you also have access to the Business Analyst Online web application allowing you to search for businesses, thematically map areas, create trade areas, compare sites, create customized reports, and more.
The Business Analyst Online Reports Add-In is a free download from the Resource Center. A 7-day trial of basic reports is available to all users and annual subscriptions can be purchased online.
The Business Analyst Online Add-In is available for ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 and ArcGIS Desktop 10 now.
Content provided by Lucy Guerra
ArcGIS Desktop has several extensions… Extension products let you add more capabilities to ArcGIS Desktop.
Perform Your Work More Efficiently
- The user interface & toolbars for Business Analyst are being re-designed & re-organized to focus on helping you solve problems quickly, rather than being focused merely on tools and functions.
- A new, dockable Business Analyst Window keeps common tasks and tools at-the-ready. You can easily add favorite commands, access project files, and run batch tasks.
- Access & download new solutions-based “workflows” for commonly performed tasks from the Business Analyst Resource Center.
Access Information More Quickly and Easily
- The new Business Analyst Message Center lets you quickly access recently used projects and maps, connect to the Business Analyst Blog and Forum, stay up to date with news about Business Analyst, view ‘How To’ videos, access Help, check for software updates, and send feedback to the Business Analyst team.
- Color-Coded Maps toolbar lets you quickly create thematic maps on-the-fly.
- Enhanced Business Search introduces a new way to search and filter for competitors so that you display exactly what you want, and not what you don’t want.
- Reports have a new look and feel that makes them easier to read, on-screen and in print.
Bring in Your Own Data More Easily
- Bring in your own data using a re-designed, more intuitive data setup tool and create Business Analyst Datasource (BDS) files to allow your data to interact with the data and analysis tools already in Business Analyst.
- Set up analysis to run in the background while you work on something else in Business Analyst.
- Significant performance improvements in how demographic calculations are made and drive time polygons are created mean getting results faster.
Access More Information
- Access ESRI Demographic Updates earlier than ever through seamless integration with Business Analyst Online reports.
- More data and reports included to help with your analysis: Retail MarketPlace for information on supply and demand for products and services, Net Worth, Disposable Income, and Business Summary.
Content provided by James Killick and Lucy Guerra