The 2017 Esri User Conference in San Diego is loaded with opportunities to learn about Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS. Come and learn best practices for your workflows, get answers to your questions, and discover the next generation web version of the app with an exciting new user experience and capabilities. You can also see many examples of how Operations Dashboard is used to make operational decisions at a glance.
We’re excited to hear your feedback, questions, and ideas at UC. Not signed up to attend yet? Register here.
Eager to check out the new web experience before the UC? Join the Operations Dashboard Early Adopter Program and tell us what you think! The new experience will enable users to make beautiful and informative dashboards, like the one pictured below, entirely in their
web browser. More details about what the next generation of the app will offer are described on the Early Adopter site.
Note: Times and dates for sessions are subject to change before the UC. For the most up to date information, check the online agenda or the Esri Events Mobile App, which is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS: An Introduction This session is for anyone who wants to learn about creating and configuring dashboards using a gallery of Esri-provided visualizations and tools.
Time & Date:
- Tuesday, July 11, 1:30 pm – 2:45 pm
- Wednesday, July 12, 10:15 am – 11:30 am
- Optimizing Field Operations with ArcGIS Apps Learn how to use ArcGIS apps to help plan, coordinate, run and monitor field operations. This session will demonstrate how the new Workforce for ArcGIS works together with Operations Dashboard, Navigator, Collector, and Survey123 to optimize field work.
Time & Date:
- Tuesday, July 11, 1:30 pm – 2:45 pm
- Friday, July 14, 9:00 am – 10:15 am
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS: Building Effective Dashboards Learn the basics of authoring dashboards using a variety of visualization techniques such as maps, lists, charts, gauges and more.
Time & Date: Wednesday, July 12, 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS: Monitoring Live Field Edits Learn how to set up and configure your data and maps, and then how to report the status of dynamic data layers through various visualization techniques.
Time & Date: Tuesday, July 11, 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS: Extending Operation Views Attend this session to get a hands-on look at how to build custom widgets that extend the capabilities of operation views.
Time & Date: Thursday, July 13, 9:30 am – 10:15 am
ArcGIS Apps Product Island:
Come prepared with your questions and ideas! The Dashboard dev team will be at the ArcGIS Apps Product Island in the Esri Showcase and GIS Solutions Expo. Have one-on-one conversations with team members and watch live demos. The ArcGIS Apps Product Island is open from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Tuesday and Wednesday, and 9:00 am – 1:30 pm on Thursday.
Find out how specific industries are using Operations Dashboard in the Expo. The following industries will have demos of how they use the app: Utilities (especially Water), AEC, Local Government, Public Safety, Defense, Health, and Natural Resources. The industry neighborhoods will be open from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Tuesday and Wednesday, and 9:00 am – 1:30 pm on Thursday.
Have a specific technical question about Operations Dashboard? Stop by the Customer Care booths in the Expo where a technical support analyst will address your concerns. This area will be open from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Tuesday and Wednesday, and 9:00 am – 1:30 pm on Thursday.
Sessions about multiple apps including Operations Dashboard:
Below are sessions by other teams and groups that cover how to use several apps, including Operations Dashboard. Most of them demonstrate how to use apps to solve real-world problems. These can be helpful when you’re interested in using a suite of apps to gain more operational awareness in a particular line of work.
- Humanitarian Supply Chain Optimization using GIS Tools Learn how humanitarian organizations use Operations Dashboard, among other apps, to increase the efficiency of humanitarian ground operations, and lower the cost and environmental footprint of their supply chains.
Time & Date: Tuesday, July 11, 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- AEC – Tools and Techniques for Workflow Improvements and Information Sharing Explore a series of case studies illustrating a variety of methods for improving project workflows, especially information sharing; from ArcGIS for AutoCAD to ArcGIS Online to Operations Dashboard and cloud storage.
Time & Date: Tuesday, July 11, 8:30 am – 9:45 am
- Police Transparency & Community Engagement in the Law Enforcement Agency of Tomorrow Learn about the several key technologies Law Enforcement agencies can use to accelerate their work in building transparency and engagement, including Operations Dashboard, Workforce for ArcGIS, Open Data, GeoHubs, Survey123, GeoForm, and Story Maps.
Time & Date: Thursday, July 13, 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
- Public Safety Hands-On Workshop: Foundational ArcGIS Skills for the Public Safety Agency of Tomorrow Join the Public Safety Team to learn how to leverage the modern aspects of the ArcGIS platform, including Operations Dashboard, web maps, and ArcGIS Pro, to meet your mission needs.
Time & Date: Thursday, July 13, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Leveraging ArcGIS GeoEvent Server for the Emergency Management Agency of Tomorrow Learn how recent advances in ArcGIS GeoEvent Server and available feeds can help Emergency Management agencies modernize and more effectively carry out their mission. Discover what’s new with available feeds, updated techniques for alerting, resources to help you get started, and examples from real world events.
Time and Date: Thursday, July 13, 9:00 am – 10:00 am
See you in a few weeks,
The Operations Dashboard Dev team