We recently updated our basemaps for all of India. Users will now be able to better leverage the data provided by MapmyIndia for the Indian geography through the ArcGIS platform. From scales ~1:288k to ~1:4k nationwide and at ~1:2k and ~1:1k in urban areas, the ArcGIS online basemaps now contain content from MapmyIndia. We are working to provide complete nationwide coverage at Zoom levels 18 and 19 in an upcoming release.
View the Story Map link for a tour with highlights of this newest addition as presented in the World Topographic Map. MapmyIndia data is also now included in the World Street Map, Light Gray Canvas Map, and reference overlays.
What does this additional MapmyIndia bring to ArcGIS.com?
- More extensive map coverage with 1.9 million kilometers of road network coverage
(Example in Hyderabad at ~1:72k)
- 10 million Points of Interest spread across multiple categories
(Example in Bangalore at ~1:1k)
- Map detail including house numbers
(Example in Chandigarh at ~1:2k)
- Extensive rural coverage with 600,000 villages & towns mapped across the country
(Example in Maharashtra at 1:72k)
- Premium content of live traffic information (available with a subscription to an AGOL organization account)
(Example showing traffic in Delhi)
If you have questions, please post them in the ArcGIS Online forums.