The World Topographic Map was recently updated with many improvements to the United States and European content. Six new communities were published and another six were updated with new content.
For a quick map tour of everything new in the United States and Europe this month, visit this story map.
A complete listing of what’s new also appears at the end of this post.
Our first stop is the Czech Republic in Eastern Europe, where updated content has been provided from 1:577K to 1:2K. Exploring the main square of Prague’s Stare Mesto to dine and shop has never been easier.
The Czech Republic is where one will find the best examples of Gothic art, sculptures and paintings in Europe, not to mention the best and cheapest beer in the European Union. The architecture of the 13th and 14th centuries was spared from World War II bombardment.
This release also includes new and updated content for 11 locations in the United States. Let’s explore a few of them…
If you are in need of some breathing room, head to big sky country. Lewis and Clark County, MT, is surrounded by National Forest and Conservation Lands. If you crave some company, Lewis and Clark County is part of the Helena Micropolitan Statistical Area, where one can window shop for western garb. Head down to Helena Avenue for the bargains.
Chandler, AZ is noted for its annual Ostrich Festival, but economically, the computer chip manufacturer, Intel, has an influential role in the city’s growth strategies with four locations in the municipal area. Bounded by the Gila River Indian Community, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert and Phoenix, Chandler has reached its physical capacity.
Looking for an affordable family destination? Head to the Big Cypress National Preserve in Collier County, FL. The family can also enjoy plenty of golfing in Naples. Naples is perched on the Gulf of Mexico in southwest Florida. Naples is well known for its high-end shopping, world-class culture and sophisticated dining.
Here’s a list of all the community contributors for this release, click the links to view the new and updated content:
- Country of Czech Republic (Topo 577k to 2k) Update
- El Paso County, TX, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Lewis & Clark County, MT, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Skagit County, WA, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Tomkins County, NY, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Collier County, FL, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Denver County, CO, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Peoria County, IL, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Las Vegas, NV, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Lee’s Summit, MO, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) New Contributor
- Chandler, AZ, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
- Tacoma, WA, United States (Topo 1:9k to 1:1k) Update
For information on other contributors to the World Topographic Map for this release, see Mountains to Maritimes: Canadian community updates to the World Topographic Map.
The service was updated on the following servers: services.arcgisonline.com and server.arcgisonline.com. If you have previously used the World_Topo_Map, you may need to clear your cache in order to see the updates.
If you have feedback on content, try our Topographic Map Feedback web map.
If you have other feedback or comments, please post them to the ArcGIS Online forum.