We are pleased to announce the 10.2 beta release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps. The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps provides a high performance mapping experience for modern apps on Windows 8 and Windows RT. The SDK is founded on an ArcGIS core runtime, built for the Windows Runtime, and provided for use by .NET developers. The beta release of the SDK includes support for building XAML/.NET Windows Store apps. Use the SDK to:
- Mash-up map, feature, and image services from ArcGIS Online and your own on-premise ArcGIS Server to create unique maps
- Search for features in a map using spatial or SQL criteria
- Sketch points, lines and polygons on the map
- Match addresses to locations (geocode) and locations to addresses (reverse-geocode)
- Generate routes and driving directions
- Use the geometry engine to perform geometric operations and compute spatial relationships between features
- Search and use items in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS
Download the SDK from the Esri Beta Community. To start, you’ll need an Esri Global account, registered with the Beta Community. Once registered, fill out a brief survey to be accepted into the beta program. Once in the program, click on the Software Downloads link under the Project Resources section (bottom of the table of contents), download the VSIX file and install. Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 8 is required.
We invite you to browse the documentation for the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps at: http://developers.arcgis.com/en/windows-store
We also provide a set of repositories on GitHub with source code to help you get started and enhance your Windows Store apps quickly and easily:
- Download and use the interactive SDK to view brief, instructive samples on how to use the product: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-samples-winstore
- Download and use the toolkit to enhance the SDK with addition controls: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-winstore
We encourage you to participate and look forward to your feedback in the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps forum (login with your Esri Global account): http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/231-ArcGIS-Runtime-SDK-for-Windows-Store-apps.
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Windows Store apps Team