We’re pleased to announce the release of Esri Maps for Office 2.0 powered by ArcGIS Online.
Esri Maps for Office is a powerful add-in for Microsoft Office that brings the capabilities of Esri’s mapping platform to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint users. Esri Maps for Office is available with an ArcGIS Online subscription and makes use of the extensive repository of available geographic information as well as the significant sharing, searching, and collaboration capabilities in ArcGIS Online.
The following updates have been made from version 1.1 to 2.0:
- Enrich your data with geographic context using the new ‘Enrich Layer’ tool.
- Add map layers that provide demographic and lifestyle context.
- Select features and find nearby data within your map.
- Map pop-ups now contain ‘Infographics’ that provide rich contextual information about the areas surrounding the features in your map.
- Preview support for Portal for ArcGIS 10.2.
- New configuration options for heat maps and clustering.
- Ability to filter features on the map by clicking on the map legend.
- Improved workflow for address geocoding.
- Improved global geocoding support.
- Support for customized base map gallery from your ArcGIS Online organization.
- Insert Map uses the default map from your ArcGIS Online organization.
- Support for Microsoft Office 2013.
You can quickly and easily install Esri Maps for Office 2.0 simply by downloading and running the appropriate setup available here: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgisonline/features/download.
For information on getting started and help using the product see the Esri Maps for Office Resource Center, and be sure to visit the Esri Maps for Office forum to get help from the community.
~The Esri Maps for Office Team