With our recent release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android v10.1.1 we dropped support for Android 2.2 API level 8. This allowed us to move up our support level to Android 2.3.3 API level 10 which has almost half, 47.4%, of the Android platform distribution as of Jan. 3, 2013. This is causing projects built prior to v10.1.1 not to be recognized by our Eclipse feature tooling.
We are working on fixing this known issue, so in the mean time I have a work-around for developers interested in migrating projects to v10.1.1.
Update Project Build Path to Android v2.3.3
- Right click your project and select Properties.
- Select Android from the tree on left hand side and choose Android 2.3.3 from the Project Build Target table Target Name column.
- Open the projects Android Manifest file.
- Change the min SDK version to 10, <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion=”10” /
Now your project is ready to be upgraded to v10.1.1.
Upgrade your project to v10.1.1
- In Eclipse right click on your old project and select ArcGIS Tools > Fix Project Properties
- A progress information dialog will show the progress of your update.
Once the fix project properties tool completes you should be ready to start development against the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android v10.1.1.