We are pleased to announce the release of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 4.3.2.
This release of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos offers significant enhancements in the areas of report navigation, querying, and map display. Here are some highlights:
- Drill-through: Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 4.3.2 is now fully integrated with IBM Cognos drill-through capabilities. Report authors can efficiently create reports that allow IBM Cognos report consumers to click on a map in a report to drill through to information on different reports. Drill-through allows report consumers to explore information across reports, while maintaining the context of their original query. The ability to drill through reports using a map makes the drill-through experience easier and more intuitive.
- Map as a prompt: Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 4.3.2 provides a new type of report prompt for IBM Cognos report authors and consumers. Report prompts allow IBM Cognos report consumers to easily run their desired report queries by selecting from predefined options. Having a map as a prompt is especially useful when geographical names are unfamiliar. For example, a report consumer might not know the ZIP codes for an area he or she wishes to query. The ability to select ZIP codes directly on a map eliminates the need for the user to look up the ZIP codes before being able to run the report.
- Multiple IBM Cognos map layers: Multiple layers of IBM Cognos data (both “attributes” and “measures”) can now be displayed on a single map.
- Usability enhancements: Map viewing tools have been moved to a single side panel, eliminating the problem of overlapping panels when working with a map in a report.
- Support for IBM Cognos 10.2: Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 4.3.2 supports the latest version of IBM Cognos, Version 10.2, which was released in September.
Visit the Esri Customer Care Portal to download and install Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 4.3.2.
For product documentation and other information about Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 4.3.2, see the Esri Maps for IBM Cognos Resource Center, and be sure to visit the Esri Maps for IBM Cognos forum to get help from the community.
~The Esri Maps for IBM Cognos Team