The first part of the ArcGIS Online World Topographic Map (World_Topo_Map) was recently published in the new design down to 1:72k globally (small- and mid- scales) and in USA, Mexico, and Europe down to the largest scales. The following blog posts provide details on the new design:
- World Topographic New Design: Provides information on this release and lists the eleven community participants with data in the new design.
- Esri News for Community Maps Program – Heads Up on New Topo Map Design: Discusses the rollout of the new design and provides information for Community Maps participants.
- New World Topo Basemap Design: An Insider Peek: Describes the new design.
In addition, the World Topographic Map was recently updated with several more contributions from the user community.
The World Topographic Map includes new and updated content for the following international areas:
- Berlin-Brandenburg, Germany (1:144k to 1:2k)
- Canada (1:36M to 1:2M and 1:577k to 1:18k)
- Europe and Russia (1:288k to 1:1k)
- North America (1:288k to 1:72k)
- Saarland, Germany (1:144k to 1:2k)
The World Topographic Map includes new and updated content from 1:9k to 1:1k for the following areas in Canada:
- Colville Lake, Northwest Territories
- Deline, Northwest Territories
- Fort Smith, Northwest Territories
- Hamlet of Aklavik, Northwest Territories
- Hamlet of Fort Liard, Northwest Territories
- Hamlet of Paulatuk, Northwest Territories
- Hamlet of Sachs Harbour, Northwest Territories
- Nahanni Butte, Northwest Territories
- Ulukhatok, Northwest Territories
The World Topographic Map includes new and updated content from 1:9k to 1:1k for the following areas in the United States:
- Arvada, Colorado
- Ashland, Wisconsin
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Boulder, Colorado
- Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Campbell County, Wyoming
- Clear Creek County, Colorado
- Dane County, Wisconsin
- DuPage County, Illinois
- Florence County, South Carolina
- Frisco, Texas
- Iredell County, North Carolina
- Muscatine County, Iowa
- Redlands, California
- Salem, Oregon
- San Diego County, California
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Taney County, Missouri
- University of Washington, Tacoma, Washington
The service was updated on the following servers: services.arcgisonline.com and server.arcgisonline.com. If you have previously used the World_Topo_Map, you may need to clear your cache in order to see the updates.
If you have questions, please post them in the ArcGIS Online forums.