We’re pleased to announce the release of Esri Maps for Office v1.1.
Esri Maps for Office is a powerful add-in for Microsoft Office that brings the capabilities of Esri’s mapping platform to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint users. Esri Maps for Office is available with an ArcGIS Online subscription and makes use of the extensive repository of available geographic information as well as the significant sharing, searching, and collaboration capabilities in ArcGIS Online.
With Esri Maps for Office you can easily create interactive maps of you organization’s data, enabling you to see patterns that graphs and charts cannot reveal. Any of the interactive maps you create can be embedded in PowerPoint, so you can make your presentations even more impactful. And by leveraging Esri’s mapping cloud, you can quickly and securely share your interactive maps in web pages, blogs, and mobile apps as well as with ArcGIS users.
The following updates have been made from version 1.0 to 1.1:
- Support for nine languages (Arabic, Chinese [Simplified], French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese [Brazilian], Spanish, Russian)
- Latitude and longitude coordinate values formatted as Degrees, Minutes, Seconds is now supported.
- New ‘Select row’ option in the pop-up for a feature that allows the user to select/highlight the corresponding Excel row.
- Support for upgrading from Beta 2 to v1.1 and v1.0 to v1.1 without uninstalling the previous version.
- Improved status messages when signing into ArcGIS Online. For example, better messaging if an account is suspended, inactive, or not part of an organization.
- Other quality, usability, and cartographic enhancements.
You can quickly and easily install Esri Maps for Office v1.1 simply by downloading and running the appropriate setup available here: http://www.esri.com/software/esri-maps-for-office/download. All language packs are also available at this download location. Installing an Esri Maps for Office language pack enables both the setup dialog and the Esri Maps for Office ribbon in the desired language. Before installing a language pack, ensure that both your operating system (OS) and Microsoft Office installation are in the desired language (you may need to install the Office language pack).
If you have Map configurations created with version 1.0 of the application, they will be preserved and available to you in version 1.1.
For information on getting started and help using the product, see the Esri Maps for Office Resource Center, and be sure to visit the Esri Maps for Office forum to get help from the community.
~The Esri Maps for Office Team