Over the last couple of days at the 2012 Esri Partner Conference and Developer Summit we’ve had a number of questions about ArcGIS Explorer Desktop and the road ahead. If you’re at the DevSummit this afternoon Mark Bockenhauer and Jim Barry will present and demonstrate some of the new features coming up in the Explorer Desktop 2012 release at the Getting Started with ArcGIS Explorer Desktop SDK session.
Some highlights of the upcoming release include:
- Native 64-bit support
- Highly portable – no install needed, can run completely off a thumb drive
- Integrated ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS search capabilities
- Updated ArcGIS Online web map support
- Many presentation enhancements, including audio, new transition options, better slide handling, and more.
- Display attribute table for feature layers
- Built-in line and polygon buffering
- Custom address geocoding support (10.1 geocoding packages)
ArcGIS Explorer Desktop 2012 will be released in conjunction with the final release of ArcGIS 10.1.