We’re pleased to announce the latest release of the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex Application Builder. This is a quick-turnaround maintenance release based on the 2.5 release of the ArcGIS API and Viewer for Flex. Highlights include:
- Localization support in nine languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Based on your locale, the application builder and all apps created with it use one of these nine languages. The default is English.
- Smart URL form specification for specifying ArcGIS Server REST endpoints. When adding services, you now only need to type in the server name, not the full URL. The application builder also remembers the last 50 URLs you’ve entered, and contains better error handling and messages in this area.
- Warnings for server instances that do not have crossdomain.xml files
- Support for Bing Maps and OpenStreetMap as basemap options
- Support for using a proxy server. Set up the proxy server URL in the advanced settings, then opt in for specific layers or widget inputs that need the proxy.
- Application names and bookmark labels can contain spaces and many other characters (including non-ASCII characters)
- Numerous usability enhancements and other bug fixes
Learn more by reading this ArcWatch article: Creating an ArcGIS Viewer for Flex Step by Step
We’d also like to share some very useful white papers recently published by Adobe:
Contributed by the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex development team