Version 2.0 beta of the ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight/WPF is now available for download on the new ArcGIS Resource Center. This is the first public beta release for version 2.0 that supports new features and functionality included with the ArcGIS Server 10 platform. It is important to note that you can install 2.0 side-by-side with 1.x versions of the ArcGIS API for Silverlight/WPF. Keep in mind that to download the API setup, you will need to login to the ArcGIS Resource Center.
Here are a few highlights of what’s new:
- Silverlight 4 is now required to develop Silverlight applications. Silverlight 3 is no longer supported.
- Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Blend 4 are required when building Silverlight 4 applications.
- You can edit feature layers associated with an ArcGIS 10 Server feature service.
- The Map and layers support display of time enabled data.
- The enhanced geometry and route service operations are available.
- The API now supports spatial reference defined as well-known text (WKT).
- Both Silverlight templates may return an exception or blank page in the design view of Expression Blend 4 and Visual Studio 2010. To resolve, add a reference to the System.Windows.Controls.Data.Input.dll (in <Program Files>Microsoft SDKsSilverlightv4.0LibrariesClient) and refresh the design view.
Be sure to use the new Forum to ask questions and work with the community to resolve issues you may encounter.
The ArcGIS Silverlight/WPF Development Team