In the Spring of 2012 we released the PerfQAnalyzer tool, which assists users in capturing render and edit times within ArcGIS for Desktop. This tool is a free, unsupported, downloadable tool offered to the Esri user community which can be run from within ArcMap (as an add-in) or as a stand-alone ArcGIS Engine application. Most users will find the ArcMap add-in the most useful. We have received great feedback regarding this tool and have since released a new version of the tool which is now available for download. The following enhancements have been made to assist users in calibrating ArcGIS for Desktop performance:
- DBMS Tab: Additional messaging has been added to notify users of the required permissions within the DBMS to enable an Oracle DBMS trace. If a user attempts to enable a trace and the user does not have the required permissions (ALTER SESSION), the user will be notified.
- Fetch Tab: Annotation feature classes are now displayed on the Fetch tab.
- New Script Command: A new command was added to the existing scripting capability available in the PerfQAnalyzer tool. The new Identify command logs information similar to what is displayed within the Identify window in ArcMap. Please refer to the Help tab within the PerfQAnalyzer tool for the necessary arguments.
- ArcMap Add-In: Previous PerfQAnalyzer releases included command line arguments for executing the PerfQAnalyzer stand-alone application for test automation. Command line arguments can now be passed to the PerfQAnalyzer ArcMap add-in. Please refer to the Help tab within the PerfQAnalyzer tool for the available arguments.
- Broken Layers: When a layer’s data source cannot be found, these broken layers are now noted with a warning in the logged output. The map will still render if at least one layer is not broken.
- Help Tab: The help content has been reformatted and enhanced. Additionally, the Help tab is now available in all implementations of the tool. The displayed text is specific to the implementation (ArcMap add-in, Stand-alone, Stand-alone No Map).
- Program Setup: The setup program no longer uses the add-in registration tool (ESRIRegAddIn.exe) to install the ArcMap add-in. Instead, the following registry value is created:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\Desktop10.2\Settings\AddInFolders “C:\PerfQAnalyzer\bin”
- This enhancement allows the PerfQAnalyzer tool to be available for all users.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the PerfQAnalyzer tool. We will continue to enhance the tool and hope users appreciate the tool as much as our Performance Engineering group.
Disclaimer: This tool is not supported by technical support; any questions or feedback regarding the tool should be forwarded to email@example.com
Emily A. – Software Product Release