Are you tired of having to deauthorize all your ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 Concurrent Use licenses when you really only need to deauthorize one or just a few of your licenses? Would you like to brush up on those command prompts skills? You’ve probably tried using the ArcGIS License Server Administrator and clicked on the “Deauthorize” button, only to get a message that “ALL licenses on this machine will be returned”.
Click “No” and cancel out of the ArcGIS License Server Administrator.
Instead, try the following:
- Click Start > Run, type cmd and press Enter.
- At the command prompt, type cd …. and press Enter. The prompt should now be just “C:>”.
- Navigate to the following directory:
- For 32-bit versions of Windows, type <ArcGIS Desktop Install Location>Program Files (x86)ArcGISLicense10.0bin
- For 64-bit versions of Windows, type cd “Program Files (x86)”.
- Type SoftwareAuthorizationLS.exe –return EFL##########, replacing EFL########## with the EFL number of the license you want to return. You can return multiple licenses using a comma-delimited list. Press Enter.
- Choose the deauthorization method and follow the rest of the steps to complete the wizard.
FAQ: Has Licensing changed in ArcGIS 10.X?
Eynar G. – Server Implementation Support Analyst