Has this ever happened to you? You go to activate an extension within ArcMap 10, but you get the dreaded message that the license you need is not available.
You check your license availability to make sure you’ve authorized it, but you see there are no licenses currently available for that product.
Now you’re wondering who took your Concurrent Use license and how you can find out who’s got it. If you have access to the License Server Administrator, follow these steps below to find the culprit:
- Launch ArcGIS License Server Administrator from Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Server Administrator.
- Choose Diagnostics in the table of contents.
- Click Diagnose to view the status of the licenses in the window.
- Click the View button to review the log.
- Match your license with the Feature Name.*
- If someone is using it, it will read as “OUT” followed by the name of the user and their computer name.
* To determine the Feature Name for a license do the following:
- Open the License Server Administrator.
- Select Availability from the table of contents.
- Double click the product or extension you want to review.
- The Feature Name is found at the bottom of the window.
For example: In Spatial Analyst, the Internal Feature Name is Grid as shown below.