The ArcGIS Beta Community team is proud to announce the ArcGIS 10.1 Beta program has kicked off to a great start. We currently have approximately 2100 active Beta testers from around the world who are, as we speak, testing out some great new features:
- ArcGIS for Server 10.1 is now native 64-bit! This allows you to leverage high performing CPUs and additional RAM
- ArcGIS for Server 10.1 includes clustering! Allows users to scale, isolate and dedicate resources to individuals or groups of services. For example, you can dedicate your most powerful machine to your most used services. This will ensure that you have enough computing resources to keep up with demand.
- ArcGIS 10.1 supports publishing services to the cloud
- Spatial Data Server allows direct publishing of spatially enabled features (Oracle Spatial, PostGIS, SQL Spatial, and ArcSDE Geodatabases)
- Improved Dynamic Rendering with ArcGIS for Server 10.1 allows you to change the symbology and add additional data to your map on the fly by sending a simple request
- Dynamic Legends! Update legend contents based on the features in the visible extent
- Editor Tracking! Track who makes edits and when edits occur in your feature classes
- GeoProcessing and Locator Packages! Share your models, script tools and address locators
- New methods for Administering Enterprise Geodatabases! Manage versions, connections and locks
If you want to get your hands on these cool features, come join us on the ArcGIS Beta Community. There are a ton of new features that make playing with beta software easy and fun.
To be eligible for ArcGIS 10.1 Beta, applicants must be current on maintenance. If outside the US, must be nominated by Esri local distributor.
If you have questions, please feel free to reach us on email@example.com
Nitin B. – Support Readiness Program Manager