We’re pleased to announce that Esri SpatiaLABS are now available as open educational resources at www.esri.com/spatialabs or by searching ArcLessons. SpatiaLABS are hands-on GIS activities for promoting spatial reasoning and analysis skills. They are available with a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share-Alike license.
Over 40 labs currently are available on topics in both the social sciences and physical/environmental sciences. All labs are peer-reviewed and can be customized to your specific needs. A sampling of titles is below.
SpatiaLABS are designed for use in higher education, but are available to anyone with an interest in spatial analysis and GIS. Most activities use ArcGIS for Desktop; some also use the Esri Business Analyst extension. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Spatial Distribution of Poverty: A geographically weighted regression
- Change in the Right Direction: Monitoring land-cover change by satellite
- Educational Performance and Family Income: Diamonds on the soles of scholarship?
- Environmental Equity and Air Toxics
- Groundwater for Many People: The spatial science of a shared resource
- Analyzing Ancient Yoruba Political Power and Urbanization Patterns