I have created a series of 22 new videos describing decision making with GIS, using the Spatial Analyst extension in ArcGIS. They are listed and accessible in this YouTube playlist. Over 108 minutes of content is included, but in easy-to-understand short segments that are almost entirely comprised of demonstrations of the tools in real-world contexts.
The videos include the topics listed below. Videos 10 through 20 include a real-world scenario of selecting optimal sites for fire towers in the Loess Hills of eastern Nebraska, an exercise that Jill Clark and I included in the Esri Press book The GIS Guide to Public Domain Data and available online.
1) Using the transparency and swipe tools with raster data.
2) Comparing and using topographic maps and satellite and aerial imagery stored locally to the same type of data in the ArcGIS Online cloud.
3) Analyzing land cover change with topographic maps and satellite imagery on your local computer and with ArcGIS Online.
4) Creating a shaded relief map using hillshade from a Digital Elevation Model (DEM).
5) Analyzing a Digital Elevation Model and a shaded relief map.
6) Creating contour lines from elevation data.
7) Creating a slope map from elevation data.
8) Creating an aspect (direction of slope) map from elevation data.
9) Creating symbolized contour lines using the Contour with Barriers tool.
10) Decision making using GIS: Introduction to the problem, and selecting hydrography features.
11) Decision making using GIS: Buffering hydrography features.
12) Decision making using GIS: Selecting and buffering road features.
13) Decision making using GIS: Selecting suitable slopes and elevations.
14) Decision making using GIS: Comparing Boolean And, Or, and Xor Operations.
15) Decision making using GIS: Selecting suitable land use.
16) Decision making using GIS: Selecting suitable land use, slope, and elevation.
17) Decision making using GIS: Intersecting vector layers of areas near hydrography and near roads.
18) Decision making using GIS: Converting raster to vector data.
19) Decision making using GIS: Final determination of optimal sites.
20) Creating layouts.
21) Additional considerations and tools in creating layouts.
22) Checking Extensions when using Spatial Analyst tools.
How might you be able to make use of these videos and the processes described in them in your instruction?