On Friday, July 17th, many ArcGIS Pro users saw a small window pop up on their computer screen. It announced to them, and to the world that a new version of Pro is available to download. I often find myself … Continue reading
ArcGIS Pro represents Esri’s strategy for creating modern GIS desktop software that tightly integrates with the entire ArcGIS Platform. ArcGIS Pro 1.0 was first released in January as a strong tool for visualization, supporting both 2D and 3D; analysis, containing … Continue reading
This year, there will be more CityEngine releases than in previous years so we can deliver you new features and bug fixes quicker. First up is CityEngine 2014.0, released on the 30th of May 2014 and available for download from … Continue reading
Maybe you’ve heard, there’s a new extension for ArcGIS for Server Standard and Advanced available at ArcGIS 10.2. It’s called ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server and it expands the capabilities of ArcGIS allowing you to Continue reading
Version 10.2 of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF is now available for download on the ArcGIS Resource Center. This is a significant release that includes pivotal fixes and updates, and provides easier access to the product download with more flexible licensing.
Here are a few highlights of what’s new with the WPF SDK:
- Download the product and develop apps for free. To get started, create an ArcGIS for Developers account to activate your ArcGIS subscription. Login to the ArcGIS for Developers site, click on the Licensing menu, and follow the simple instructions.
- Integration with Visual Studio 2013 and Blend for Visual Studio 2013.
- Support for a new, simplified, task-based approach to asynchronous programming using async and await.
- Set the rendering mode for graphics layers and feature layers. Dynamic mode to retain a dynamic, interactive experience with graphics. Static mode to improve drawing performance when displaying graphics.
- Use symbol rotation parameters on renderers.
- Define label properties for dynamic layers in ArcGIS map services.
- Support for new ArcGIS Image Service features included with 10.2.
- Create, update, and delete items on ArcGIS Online or on-premise ArcGIS Portals.
- Use WebMapViewModel to integrate web maps into apps that employ MVVM design patterns.
- Use IdentityManager with OAuth2 authentication workflows.
See the Release Notes for more details on what’s new and changed in version 10.2.
Note, this release does not contain the new beta features included with other 10.2 ArcGIS Runtime SDKs, such as support for offline use of data for map display, sync-enabled editing, locators, and networks. The new ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, discussed in a blog post earlier this year, will support this new offline functionality. The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET will be available as 10.2.1 public beta in December 2013.
The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android provides a variety of samples to assist in understanding the fundamentals of our ArcGIS Android API’s and coding patterns. We package samples inside the SDK Eclipse plugin and allow you to import the sample code as an Eclipse project. Continue reading
With our recent release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android v10.1.1 we dropped support for Android 2.2 API level 8. This allowed us to move up our support level to Android 2.3.3 API level 10 which has almost half, 47.4%, of the Android platform distribution as of Jan. 3, 2013. This is causing projects built prior to v10.1.1 not to be recognized by our Eclipse feature tooling. Continue reading
At the start of this new year, we’re happy to announce that a new version of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS is now available. . This release adds support for commonly requested functionality such as advanced military symbology, secure communication using PKI client certificates, simulating location updates, sorting and grouping query results, and much more. You can download the SDK here.
RoboGuice is a framework which brings dependency injection to Android using Google’s Guice library. Dependency injection provides a simple convenience to programming. Here is an example of such convenience: Continue reading