There is a new version of the Esri Thematic Atlas available at http://atlas.esri.com. The Thematic Atlas sample application lets you showcase a collection of intelligent web maps, focused around specific themes. The Esri Thematic Atlas sample application uses web maps and the ArcGIS … Continue reading
To build on the success of recent Developer Summit in California, we’ve decided to take the event on the road. Esri will be hosting 3 Dev Summits in Europe this September.
I hope developers from all over Europe and the world will come together in Rotterdam, Berlin or London (all 3 if you want). The technical sessions will focus on becoming more effective at building web, mobile and desktop applications. Senior Esri development staff will be presenting so you’ll get a chance to see what’s coming next. Registration information will be available soon but mark your calendar now and plan to join us in Europe.
Whether you’re working with an existing application, or you’re planning a new app, unit testing provides an efficient, dependable way to verify that your code functions as expected and ensure that your app’s features work. In a nutshell, unit testing provides an automated way to target, test and validate specific components of an application.
- Portal for ArcGIS API: An API to build applications that works with content from ArcGIS Online or an ArcGIS Portal
- Support for ArcGIS Server 10.1 editor tracking which enables automatic tracking of which user created a feature, when a feature was created, which user last updated a feature and when a feature was last updated
- Simpler constructor signatures for esri.SpatialReference class
- Feature Layers now fire an onQueryLimitExceeded event when a feature layer is unable to draw all expected features due to maxRecordCount restriction imposed on the server
- The Identity Manager has new methods to serialize its state and re-hydrate later
- View web maps from a group on ArcGIS.com using the Portal for ArcGIS API
- Search ArcGIS.com with the Portal for ArcGIS API to display web maps with GPX data
- Add a non-Esri tiled layer with a single line of code
- Print Dijit with a web map from ArcGIS.com (requires 10.1 print task)
- Create Print Dijit templates using esri.request
- Use 960 Grid System to layout an application
Refer to the full What’s New in 2.8 document for the full list of new features and bug fixes.