Trimble Positions Software Suite compliments ArcPad and ArcGIS for Windows Mobile by ensuring that the location of your critical infrastructure is spatially accurate as you map it.
Trimble has just released version 10.2 and it is available for download now. The 10.2 release fully supports both ArcPad 10.2 and ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2. You can download Trimble Positions 10.2 from Trimble’s website now.
Also, Esri provides an end-to-end data collection solution called GeoCollector that will jump start your data collection projects. It couples Trimble Geo hardware + Trimble Positions Software Suite + ArcPad or ArcGIS for Windows Mobile together.
Long-time mobile GIS users have the glorious benefit of experience, but also bare the pain that comes with managing multiple versions of multiple pieces of software. In general, new versions of software maintain support for previous features whilst introducing additional … Continue reading
In ArcPad 10.2, direct support for synchronization with feature services was introduced as a replacement for synchronizing with the ArcPad Extension for ArcGIS Server. This new feature is easy to use and especially easy to incorporate into your existing ArcPad … Continue reading
In ArcPad 10.2, users have more options than ever before for using online data when working in a connected environment. If you have data coverage in the field, or are only connected when you are in the office, there are … Continue reading
ArcPad 10.2 is now released!
We are pleased to announce the release of ArcPad 10.2.
This release of ArcPad improves synchronization with the ArcGIS platform and speeds data collection in the field with new automation options. Here are some highlights:
- Add a feature service URL to your existing ArcPad Project and synchronize edits with hosted or on-premises GIS.
- Directly open ArcGIS feature services in ArcPad and synchronize edits with hosted or on-premises GIS.
- Automate attribute capture with a Quick Fields option, which can be customized to autopopulate any field during data collection.
- Store ArcPad projects and QuickProject templates as an ArcPad package in ArcGIS Online for sharing.
- Browse ArcGIS Online from inside ArcPad with the ability to select and download a project or template, creating an easy, collaborative workflow.
Visit the Esri Customer Care Portal to download and install ArcPad 10.2.
For product documentation and other information about ArcPad 10.2, see the ArcPad Resource Centre.
A big thank you to all who attended another vibrant ArcPad User Group meeting. This year we were gifted with an early evening time slot, which meant that those who wanted to carry on talking could, and everyone else joined the ArcPad team for dinner!
Special thanks go to ArcPad Guy (aka Phil Sanchez) for coming along, and Douglas Scott for his fascinating presentation on his work with avalanche mapping. Continue reading
On Thursday May 30th the Apps team held a Live Training Seminar titled Smartphone GIS: Capturing Data with Collector for ArcGIS. If you missed it, you can still watch it! Click on the link above, sign in with your Esri Global Account and watch the recorded version.
We had over a 1000 connects that joined and we tried our best to answer the questions that came in. However we missed quite a few. Here are a few of the most common questions and answers to them… Continue reading
The Mobile team would like to invite you to join us in Redlands California during the week of April 16th – April 20th to take ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3.0 (formerly named ArcGIS Mobile 10.1) for a test drive!
Key Functional Improvements in 3.0:
- Media capture and synchronization using Attachments
- Editing workflows for modifying existing features
- GPS-based navigation
- Simplified data collection workflows
- User identity and auto-population of field values
- GPS logging
- On-board routing using Street Map for Mobile
- Project authoring, validation and packaging improvements (package data and extensions)
- Inclusion of core ArcGIS geometry, spatial reference and projection libraries for developers
- Integration with ArcGIS for Portal
- Much more… Continue reading
The Mobile Development Team has created a new group inside of ArcGIS.com to host code samples that you can download and use. The group is called ArcGIS Mobile Code Samples and with our initial upload it includes the following samples:
- Customized Data Collection – this is a custom task that extends the data collection workflow for the Windows Mobile application. Using this sample you can treat the collection of the shape of a feature as if it is another attribute you want to collect.
- Picasa – this sample illustrates how you can use the core ArcGIS Mobile SDK and the Picasa API to capture and upload photos and videos.
- Rangefinder – this sample augments the ArcGIS Mobile applications’ data collection workflow so that you can use a laser range finder to collect the location features.
- Routing – using the ArcGIS Online routing service you can route to a GIS feature from your current location and get driving directions.
- Waypoint Navigation – being able to navigate “as the crow flies” is a useful tool when working in the field. This sample illustrates how you can navigate to a feature from your current location using a bearing and distance.
- Show XY – displays your current LAT/LONG position that is fed from the GPS receiver in your device on top of the map.
- Save User ID – this sample illustrates how you can use your current user id (associated with the field crew task) to auto-populate an attribute value for a given field.
Please bookmark our group in ArcGIS.com and check back frequently as you will see many more samples coming soon.