The Community Maps Contribution Application, has undergone some changes to improve how basemap data layers are contributed and managed. Most notably, we’ve expanded the list of layers we are accepting from contributors by dividing one existing general layer into its sub-components. Continue reading
We are pleased to announce the release Esri Maps for SAP Business Objects v2.0.
This release of Esri Maps for SAP BusinessObjects includes the following updates:
- Support for dynamic map service layers
- New drawing tools for triggering configured interactive behaviors
- New analysis tools: Filter layer, Measure, and Get route
- Trigger interactive behaviors with the Measure tool, Get route tool, and Find nearby tool
- Configure infographics and other map tools and settings
- Change the map extent using an overview map and other navigation tools
- Specify any coordinate system when adding XY points
- Configure and apply multiple styles for a layer
- Find hot spots
Visit esri.com to download and install Esri Maps for SAP BusinessObjects 2.0.
~The Esri Maps for SAP BusinessObjects team
From an Esri Insider blog post by Matt Artz and Kevin Butler Geography is the science of our world, and GIS is a foundational technology for helping us to better understand that science. To further strengthen the link between GIS … Continue reading
Smart Strategies for Managing Lidar Data | Register here. November 6, 2014 | 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 3:00 p.m. (PST) So, what’s this all about anyway? Airborne lidar is a remote-sensing technology that produces accurate 3D data of the bare earth … Continue reading
Over the past two months, we have expanded the World Imagery basemap to include more and more community contributions. High-resolution imagery was published from both new contributors as well as updates from communities that are active participants in the program. … Continue reading
An update to Esri’s LAS Optimizer is now available. LAS Optimizer 1.2 enhancements include:
- Support for LAS 1.4, all point record formats.
- Output zLAS files are backward compatible when LAS 1.3 or earlier payload is used.
- Retain original time stamp upon decompression if LAS file not altered in any way.
- Command line switch to verify integrity of zLAS files.
- Option to stop process when encountering error with a file.
- Drag and drop files/folders into application dialog from Windows Explorer.
- Does not overwrite log file.
The new version can be found here: http://bit.ly/19bCrMq
Governments and organizations have been hard at work creating Open Data sites to make their authoritative data accessible, discoverable, explorable, and collaborative. There are over 100 sites in the ArcGIS Open Data site gallery for you to explore! The Site of the Week is a series that profiles one ArcGIS Open Data site each week.
November 3, 2014: Wake County Open Data
It’s a new week and we have a new ArcGIS Open Data site of the week for you to explore! Wake County’s site is still in beta, and it’s a wonderful looking beta site at that.
Midway through 2014 the Community Maps team released the beta version of the new data preparation tools. These tools provided a simple way for Community Maps contributors to migrate their basemap layers to a format readily accepted by Esri Community … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce the availability of the 2014 US Esri Data Update for Business Analyst Desktop and Server. Esri’s 2014/2019 demographic updates uphold the new era in data development: retaining the best from our past while adapting to … Continue reading