Esri announces the ArcGIS 10.2.1 & 10.2.2 for Desktop Hydrology Tools Ready-to-use-Services Patch. The Ready-to-use Services in ArcGIS Online did not previously offer the Watershed and Trace Downstream Hydrology Geoprocessing tools. This patch adds the Hydrology tools to Ready-to-use Services, … Continue reading
New links have been added to the prior blog post An Ocean of Story Maps. Some of these include web maps and downloads in addition to the “traditional” Esri-style story map. Please feel free to bookmark and return as I will keep updating the original blog post throughout the year! There is a lot of wonderful work out there, including story maps in languages other than English.
Mapping data values by varying the color has been the most popular way to visualize geospatial data. Academically it is called choropleth by cartographers. If you do an image search for “US population map” online, 90% of the results would be choropleth maps. In this post, we will look at this well-known mapping technique, and learn how you can create a map with our contemporary, easy-to-use API.
We are pleased to announce the release of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 6.0.
This release of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos offers the following updates:
- Support for disconnected Portal for ArcGIS deployments
- Configure interactions on dynamic map service layers
- New drawing tools for triggering configured interactive behaviors
- Filter features that are displayed on the map using the Filter layer tool
- Measure area, distance, and X,Y coordinates using the Measure tool
- Geocode addresses and find routes using the Get route tool
- Configure Infographics and other map tools and settings
- Change the map extent using an overview map and other navigation tools
- Specify the WKID of X,Y coordinates when adding point data to the map
- Configure multiple styles for a layer
- Initiate interactive behaviors from pop-ups
- View and print map-enabled reports in different formats
- Performance enhancements for faster map loading
- New capability for administrators to control which users can access and use Esri Maps for IBM Cognos
- Support for IBM Cognos 10.2.1 Fix Packs 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Support for mobile browsers: Apple Safari on iOS and Google Chrome for Android
Visit esri.com to download and install Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 6.0.
~The Esri Maps for IBM Cognos Team
In our continued commitment to improve the ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World, the ArcGIS Content Team has enhanced the Community Basemaps by incorporating new and updated content. Thanks to the user community, the World Topographic Map has been updated with new contributions and updates in … Continue reading
On Thursday September 25th, Esri hosted a live training seminar titled Power your Enterprise with ArcGIS Apps and if you missed it, the recording is now available for you to watch through the training course catalog. The seminar provided an overview of Esri’s apps strategy and then focused on 3 essential mapping apps:
During the seminar there were a lot of great questions and unfortunately we were not able to answer them all. If you have burning questions about these apps or our strategy, let us know! Email Collector4ArcGIS@esri.com, Dashboard4ArcGIS@esri.com or Explorer4ArcGIS.com or join the discussions about apps on GeoNet.
Do you need to publish public maps and apps using ArcGIS Online routing and traffic content? For example, you may want to use the Traffic Service within a county 511 web site. Or maybe you want to allow public citizens … Continue reading
The recent compromise of a jQuery server brought to light risks associated with utilizing Application Program Interfaces (API’s) that are not hosted on your system infrastructure. Fortunately, the worse-case scenario did not happen, as the API files were not modified or … Continue reading