Category: 3D GIS
The World Topographic Map has been updated with new content! As part of ArcGIS Online, Esri’s Basemaps support a vast GIS community. Thank You to our Contributors and Partners who help support the Living Atlas of the World by providing data and enriching these amazing resources.
A hands-on website and a print book for seasoned GIS practitioners and newcomers to GIS Consumer mapping has opened the eyes of the world, and especially decision makers, to the value of maps and geography and consequently increased the demand … Continue reading
We are proud to announce the release of version 10.2.6 of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET! This release brings support for 3D and KML to .NET developers using the Runtime to build native apps for Windows PCs, tablets, and phones.
Here are a few highlights of new capabilities in the SDK:
- Just like a MapView and Map are available for 2D, a SceneView and Scene enable you to display and interact with spatial data in 3D.
- Support for KML version 2.2, plus some extensions. KML content can be hosted online or accessed locally and displayed in a Map or Scene.
- Display buildings and structures using the new Scene service and display a variety of local data sources in a Scene, such as tile packages, mobile geodatabases, shapefiles, and local server services.
- Show terrain using online image services or local raster data for elevation sources.
- Extrude 2D graphics to provide 3D context.
- Use pre-defined 3D symbology and custom models to render complex 3D graphics.
- Change camera location to view Scene contents from different perspectives.
For a more complete list of new capabilities, performance improvements, and quality fixes in 10.2.6, please see the release notes.
Download and start using these new features today!
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Team
We will be talking a lot about virtualization at the UC next week! A couple of announcements: Stop by the ArcGIS Desktop Island to talk about virtualization, see and use ArcGIS Pro in a VMWare Horizon View virtual machine served … Continue reading
This has been a very busy month for the ArcGIS Imagery and Remote Sensing team at Esri. If you’ve been a fan of Esri imagery technology for a while, you’ll realize we’ve modified the name. Yes, we have renamed our team … Continue reading
Elevation is a common foundational layer for your work in 3D; it’s the layer you place your features on, above, or below. ArcGIS comes with a ready-to-use global 3D terrain layer. You can combine your unique GIS layers with this … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce that the World Topographic Map has been updated with new content! As part of ArcGIS Online, Esri’s Basemaps support a vast GIS community, with the Topographic Map alone averaging over one Million daily viewers. We couldn’t have done it without you; Thank … Continue reading
Demand for 3D is growing. As more companies, governments, and nonprofits use 3D, it is becoming expected for communicating plans, analysis, and operational information, in fields as diverse as engineering, construction, and emergency response. Users benefit from the immersive and … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce that the World Topographic Map has been updated with new content! As part of ArcGIS Online, Esri’s Basemaps support a vast GIS community, with the Topographic Map alone averaging over one Million daily viewers. We … Continue reading
Esri World Elevation Layers are enhanced with more detailed void-free 1 arc second (~ 30 meters) SRTM data for Asia and Australia. The Australian DEM (DEM-S), which is a cleaned and smoothed version of SRTM 1 arc sec, is courtesy … Continue reading