Just a bit short of 2000 beta users, the AppStudio for ArcGIS beta program is full of great ideas and suggestions. It is amazing to see the number of different apps built so far! You have helped guide our efforts and today we are pleased to announce the availability of AppStudio for ArcGIS Beta 2.
Your feedback has told us:
- All platforms and form factors are important to you, but when it comes to building new apps, Windows is the most important to you.
- You love creating apps from our templates
- The ArcGIS Cloud Make service rocks: Being about to simply tick some boxes, and have Esri build installation files for you app for all the platforms – is pure gold!
- We need to supply more guidance and help for creating your own apps
AppStudio for ArcGIS Beta 2 provides improvements in all of these areas plus more
- AppStudio for ArcGIS now works great on a wider range of Windows devices including virtual machines. You can also use it over Remote Desktop.
- The current templates have been updated with improved webmap and web services support. This is of particular importance to the Map Viewer template!
- The Extend Apps tab at doc.arcgis.com now contains topics to help you build your own app and we have started adding more video tutorials (more are coming soon!)
- Localization is well underway for all 28 languages currently supported by ArcGIS.
- A new AppStudio for ArcGIS video series has been created at video.arcgis.com. In here you can watch the DevSummit Tech Sessions on AppStudio for ArcGIS as well as video tutorials etc
We will continue with a close eye in our forums. Keep your feedback coming!
The AppStudio for ArcGIS Team
The Esri Disaster Response team has assembled a collection of maps and imagery of the Nepal Earthquake (Himalayan earthquake) and the response effort. These are available for you to use at no cost. The collection includes a swipe map that compares imagery … Continue reading
On Tuesdays, we typically go out for pizza with my husband’s family and after dinner, sit and talk for a few hours. This past Tuesday, the discussion turned to their childhood home and the surrounding places they used to visit … Continue reading
Today we are pleased to announce the availability of AppStudio for ArcGIS Beta. Here are three reasons why AppStudio for ArcGIS will matter to you.
During the evening of Monday, March 2, 2015, ArcGIS Online updated. That’s the beauty of the Cloud – it just updates for you. A lot of great new features came into the platform and you can find out everything that … Continue reading
Hundreds of organizations in Esri’s user community are helping build the Living Atlas of the World by contributing their authoritative content. The Living Atlas of the World is composed of a variety of collections, all of which are supported by the ArcGIS … Continue reading
The ArcPad team is pleased to announce that ArcPad 10.2.2 is available to download via the My Esri website. The ArcPad 10.2.2 update addresses some important usability and feature enhancements that improves the utility and stability of ArcPad. Here are … Continue reading
The recent release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android v10.2.5 is intended to be used with Android Studio as the official IDE for Android development using the Gradle-based build system. The 10.2.5 release of the Android SDK is mostly for users who want to use the official Android Development IDE. There were only minor changes to the API with 10.2.5, please refer to the release notes to see if they affect your ArcGIS Android app workflows. If you have been using Eclipse with ADT and the ArcGIS Android Eclipse plugin, be aware that Android Studio is the official IDE for Android, so you should migrate to Android Studio as soon as you can. For help moving projects see our Migrating to Android Studio post. If migrating to Android Studio is not an option in the short term, you can continue to use the ArcGIS Android Eclipse plugin with ArcGIS Android 10.2.4, but we advise that you begin to think about a migration strategy as we will not be supporting the Eclipse plugin with 10.2.5 or later versions of the SDK. We will continue to support alternative IDE’s, e.g. Eclipse & IntelliJ IDEA, through manual project setup.
Using Eclipse with ArcGIS Android v10.2.5 Continue reading
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS just released it’s 10.3 update and you can download it from ArcGIS Online right now!
There are a number of very focused, great new enhancements to take advantage of with this update and we have made a number of stability improvements as well.
Here are some top enhancements to look for… Continue reading