We called on geo developers to build interactive, meaningful mapping applications that showcased the data visualization power of ArcGIS. Participants in the Esri Data Viz App Challenge used smart mapping and other ArcGIS for Developers tools to create apps that wowed the judges. Here … Continue reading
To extend or enhance ArcGIS Pro, you must use the ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET. However, before you start writing code, always apply the “Configure first, customize only if you have to” principle to save time and money on development work. Continue reading
Just a bit short of 2000 beta users, the AppStudio for ArcGIS beta program is full of great ideas and suggestions. It is amazing to see the number of different apps built so far! You have helped guide our efforts and today we are pleased to announce the availability of AppStudio for ArcGIS Beta 2.
Your feedback has told us:
- All platforms and form factors are important to you, but when it comes to building new apps, Windows is the most important to you.
- You love creating apps from our templates
- The ArcGIS Cloud Make service rocks: Being about to simply tick some boxes, and have Esri build installation files for you app for all the platforms – is pure gold!
- We need to supply more guidance and help for creating your own apps
AppStudio for ArcGIS Beta 2 provides improvements in all of these areas plus more
- AppStudio for ArcGIS now works great on a wider range of Windows devices including virtual machines. You can also use it over Remote Desktop.
- The current templates have been updated with improved webmap and web services support. This is of particular importance to the Map Viewer template!
- The Extend Apps tab at doc.arcgis.com now contains topics to help you build your own app and we have started adding more video tutorials (more are coming soon!)
- Localization is well underway for all 28 languages currently supported by ArcGIS.
- A new AppStudio for ArcGIS video series has been created at video.arcgis.com. In here you can watch the DevSummit Tech Sessions on AppStudio for ArcGIS as well as video tutorials etc
We will continue with a close eye in our forums. Keep your feedback coming!
The AppStudio for ArcGIS Team
There’s been a lot of excitement around Web AppBuilder, because it enables you to create new custom web mapping applications in an intuitive, easy to use, WYSIWYG wizard-like environment. You can create apps that run on any device without having … Continue reading
The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java has put out a blog and sample application showing how you can view and interact with GeoJSON features in an ArcGIS Runtime application. The blog does a great job of explaining the basic principles … Continue reading
The Esri Emerging Business Group (aka ‘startup program’) is back from the annual 2015 Esri Partner Conference (EPC) and Developer Summit (DevSummit) in Palm Springs, California. These are two events held at the same location that overlap by one day. … Continue reading
Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS enables you to create new custom web mapping applications in an intuitive, easy to use, WYSIWYG wizard-like environment. It provides you with the optimal means to create and deploy new web apps without programming. Built on … Continue reading
ArcGIS Pro is the exciting new application that now comes with ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop. ArcGIS Pro is like no other desktop application from Esri. It is an asynchronous WPF app that can be extended with the upcoming ArcGIS Pro … Continue reading
Who doesn’t love a beautiful map that tells a great story, helps solve a complex problem, and provides even more value just a click or zoom away? That’s the power of data visualization, and we love it as much as … Continue reading