Understand the concept of applied geography in Chapter 1 of The ArcGIS Book The first chapter in The ArcGIS Book acknowledges the work of current GIS professionals and introduces concepts and terminology to aspiring GIS users. It invites both long-time … Continue reading
Today at the Esri International User Conference we unveiled our plans for bringing vector map tiles to the ArcGIS platform. Our web, mobile, and online platform work together to provide data rich, interactive and custom cartography through modern web GIS … Continue reading
A hands-on website and a print book for seasoned GIS practitioners and newcomers to GIS Consumer mapping has opened the eyes of the world, and especially decision makers, to the value of maps and geography and consequently increased the demand … Continue reading
We are proud to announce the release of version 10.2.6 of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET! This release brings support for 3D and KML to .NET developers using the Runtime to build native apps for Windows PCs, tablets, and phones.
Here are a few highlights of new capabilities in the SDK:
- Just like a MapView and Map are available for 2D, a SceneView and Scene enable you to display and interact with spatial data in 3D.
- Support for KML version 2.2, plus some extensions. KML content can be hosted online or accessed locally and displayed in a Map or Scene.
- Display buildings and structures using the new Scene service and display a variety of local data sources in a Scene, such as tile packages, mobile geodatabases, shapefiles, and local server services.
- Show terrain using online image services or local raster data for elevation sources.
- Extrude 2D graphics to provide 3D context.
- Use pre-defined 3D symbology and custom models to render complex 3D graphics.
- Change camera location to view Scene contents from different perspectives.
For a more complete list of new capabilities, performance improvements, and quality fixes in 10.2.6, please see the release notes.
Download and start using these new features today!
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Team
Can you feel the anticipation and GeoGeek excitement? The 2015 Esri International User Conference (July 20–24) is one week away
Last month the United Nations headquarters in New York City hosted the 2015 OpenStreetMap US conference, State of the Map (SOTM). An illustrious setting for a passionate band of people who are collaboratively creating a global repository of geographic data … Continue reading
We are excited to provide another quick turnaround on an update to our recent 10.2.6 release of the Android SDK. This is bug fix only release and there is no new functionality included with this minor but important fix.
To apply this fix, update your build.gradle file with the following dependency:
If you’ve downloaded the local v10.2.6 download and use the local AAR library, you can get the updated AAR lib module in the 10.2.6-2 download file. All other SDK components are the same, so no need to download if you use the AAR lib in the preferred method from our Bintray maven URL.
All of our samples have been updated to use our latest version and developer instructions on how to sync your local fork of the samples with our public repository. We invite you to collaborate with the community and the Esri development team on GeoNet & our GitHub samples and maps-app repos.
One of the great things about our ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt is that we provide an API that seamlessly plugs into a rich framework that is platform agnostic and has nearly endless possibilities for what you can create. This … Continue reading