Collector for ArcGIS 10.2.3 update released!

On April 29th, 2014 the Collector for ArcGIS app has been updated to version 10.2.3 in both the iTunes App Store as well as Google Play.

This is a minor update that targets key fixes to both connected and disconnected workflows. Most notable for Portal for ArcGIS users is that credentials (along with the Portal URL) are maintained when you shutdown the app on your iPad or iPhone.

We have started work on our summer release and we are planning new and exciting things for Collector based upon your feedback! Check out the Sneak Peek section of our doc page and email our dev team with your ideas!

Collector Team

This entry was posted in Apps, Mobile and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. nilsbabel says:

Does this version include Editor Tracking for hosted feature services?

• russroberts says:

This release does not have support for editor tracking on hosted services. Editor tracking is still only supported on ArcGIS Server services.

2. r46fazer says:

So let’s hope a Windows version soon will be released.

• Jeff Shaner says:

Unfortunately we have not yet started on a Windows version of Collector. We are in development of a new framework called the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET that will support future development of a Collector on the Microsoft platform and it will be released this fall but we will not be in a position to build and release new Collector app for Windows until 2015.

3. shaubn says:

I was curious: does the summer release include support for related tables? I’m really looking forward to that feature!

4. kboupha_je says:

I like that we can add attachments with collector. I would like to see the ability to choose a photo from the photo gallery and, instead of uploading the photo itself, save the name of the photo in a field (i.e., IMG_9999.JPG). That way we do not have to pass large amounts of data to the server.

5. keags1 says:

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any news of when a new version of Collector will be made available to fix some of the issues relating to “Sync Failures” within offline editing?
    I read in the forums there may be a bug relating to the maximum number of features that can be synced?
    I really need to get some features and attachments off my Android Device.

Thanks!

6. meadhbhkeeganesri says:

I have configured collector for school survey data, and I can track editing on the Android device but it doesn’t work on the iPhone. Anyone else experienced this or have an explanation as to what I am doing wrong. Much Appreciated. Meadhbh (Ireland)