Each of the templates in this group can be used within your organization after walking through a few steps. Once completed, you’ll be able to publish your map into an awesome configurable app using one of these new templates.
To get started, you’ll need the administrator of the organization to set the folder that will be used for templates. As the administrator, follow these steps:
- Create a Group within your ArcGIS organization to store the templates you’d like to expose to users.
- View the early adopter templates from your organization. Search for “Early Adopter Templates” in groups and then uncheck the option to search only in your organization.
- Share an early adopter template from the Early Adopter Templates group into your organization’s templates group to allow users within your organization to publish apps based on the templates added. In this example, we’re adding the Impact Summary template.
- Go to My Organization > Edit Settings > Map > Web App Templates, choose your group from the drop down.
- If you would like to include all of the Esri templates as well as your custom templates, check “Share the Esri default web application templates to this group.”
- Click Save.
- Go to the map viewer and share as a web application using the newly added template.
This will provide your users with the option to create applications from any of the Esri default web app templates and the early adopter templates from within the map viewer.
With your help, we can make these Early Adopter templates better for the next release. We look forward to hearing your feedback!