New CSVLayer class to easily display data from CSV files on a map. See the CSV Layer sample for an example of how to use this new layer. If CSV files are not on the same domain as your website, a CORS enabled server or a proxy is required.
New capabilities when querying against a layer in a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online:
- Get features within some distance of a query geometry with Query.distance and Query.units.
- New QueryTask.executeForExtent method to return only the bounding box of a query result. FeatureLayer.queryExtent method was also added, as well as associated event query-extent-complete.
- Paging support with new Query.start and Query.num properties.
Renderers’ colorInfo property and setColorInfo method now support more than two colors as well as a stops property that allows developers to associate a specific color with a data value. The legend widget also now supports renderers with colorInfo. Two samples have been updated to use this new functionality:
Additional Changes and Enhancements
- Edit tools: new
textSymbolEditorHolderoption to specify container for text symbol editing components.
- All layers have a loadError property indicating if an error occurred while trying to retrieve layer metadata.
- LocateButton.graphicsLayer option to specify the graphics layer where the associated graphic should be added.
- Map has a new before-unload event.