We are pleased to announce the 10.2.2 release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF. You can download the SDK today from ArcGIS for Developers. This release follows the 10.2 release in Q4 2013 and includes several new features plus performance and quality improvements. Here are some of the highlights (much more information can be found in the release notes):
- Streamlined licensing: By registering as an ArcGIS Developer and downloading the ArcGIS Runtime SDK, you are licensed to undertake development and testing. It is no longer necessary to authorize your machine for development as you did in previous releases with the Software Authorization Wizard. Additionally, development and test license strings are no longer required when testing your application on non-development machines. Deployment licensing has been simplified too, for more information please see the release notes.
- API enhancements including a new GdbVersion property on the ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer class.
- More than 20 new Geoprocessing Tools:
- Conversion to/from Excel and JSON.
- Feature and raster data management including additional Mosaic dataset support.
- 3D analysis including Stack Profile.
- Linear referencing tools.
Note, this release does not contain the new features included with other 10.2.2 ArcGIS Runtime SDKs, such as support for the new runtime geodatabase, sync-enabled editing, or offline runtime locators and networks. The new ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, discussed in a blog post last year, will support this new offline functionality. The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET is available to download now as a public beta. For information on preparing for the new .NET SDK please read this blog post.