If you are using the Operations Dashboard, you may have noticed today that we pushed an update. This is the first of two updates that are coming to you in the next few weeks. This first push simply updates our client-side app licensing. It’s important that you update your Dashboard as soon as you can so if it is currently running, close it. You will want to uninstall it from your machine and then force the update by clicking on the download link and installing a fresh new version. Simply re-installing or updating your existing install will not work.
We are buttoning up our 10.2 release now and in the coming weeks you will see another update. This update will include several new features as well as targeted stability and performance updates.
Here are some of the new features coming with 10.2:
- Portal for ArcGIS support – Ops Dashboard fully supports ArcGIS organizations that are managed in the Cloud using ArcGIS Online Subscriptions and those managed behind your firewall using Portal for ArcGIS. Included with 10.2 is a utility that steps you through the process of locally deploying the Dashboard installer that fully meets the security needs of your Portal.
- Enterprise Logins – you can now sign into the Operations Dashboard using the same username and password that you use to access your enterprise systems.
- Widget Improvements – we have enhanced the list widget so that you can search within it and quickly find features you are looking for. We have enhanced the Gauge widget as well so that you can label the min/max and threshold values.
- Popups – Dashboard now fully supports the popups that you author in your web map (charts, media, etc). Attachments are displayed directly in the popup as well so you no longer need to click on a link and open them separately.
- Date Fields and Relative Time – Layer Filters are a great way to filter data sources across all of your widgets. Dashboard now supports relative time-based queries so you can filter data sources using queries like “the last 10 minutes” or “in the next hour”.
Make sure to update your Dashboard and look for 10.2 – it is coming soon!!