ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1 has been released and its available for download from the Esri Customer Care Portal right now!!
If you use a Windows 7 or 8 device (laptops and tablets) in the field, you will love the enhancements we have made to the ArcGIS application! Plus if you belong to an ArcGIS Online organization then this release will open up new opportunities for you to use your Windows Mobile or Windows devices in the field…
What’s new in the Windows app:
- We added offline routing! Using StreetMap for Mobile you can route from your current location to a given destination or you can add additional stops and route between work locations. Routing capabilities include turn-by-turn directions but does not include Navigation with voice guidance.
- Creating new features has been greatly simplified so that repetitive tasks require a lot less taps or mouse clicks!
- You can edit the shape of existing features now (extend a line, replace a portion of a polygon, re-collect and more)
- View GPS/GNSS information on top of the map at all times
With your ArcGIS Online subscription:
- Use Hosted Feature Services! Yes now you can work disconnected in the field and synchronize updates with a hosted feature service.
- Using the Mobile Project Center, package your feature service cache and store your mobile project as an item inside of ArcGIS Online. So now all of your map data, offline mobile caches and projects can be stored inside of the cloud!
We have greatly improved the help system for 10.1.1 so please check it out as well.