Arc Hydro Tools for 10.1 BETA now available!

by Caitlin Scopel, Cartographic Product Engineer, Esri

The Beta Arc Hydroversion of Arc Hydro tools for ArcGIS 10.1 are now available. To download the tools (32MB) connect with ftp:

Password: ADSRiver.2013b
(The password will change every 6 months. Check the Arc Hydro Forum for the most current password.)

To access, select a FTP client:
1. Web Client
Site link: https://mft.esri.com
(Video tutorials available on the main page, prior to log in)

2. Third party SFTP client
** Download a preconfigured client
https://mft.esri.com/EFTClient/Account/mft.zip **

3. FTP address to configure a third party SFTP client of your choice:
Site address: mft.esri.com
Port: 22

The tools are still in beta release, so we’d love to hear your feedback on how the tools are working. Please contact archydro@esri.com with any and all feedback.

Arc Hydro Tools are free with your ArcGIS software license.

For past versions of Arc Hydro Tools, please see the Hydro Data Model page, and check back to the Hydro Resource Center, and Hydro Blog for more updates!

This entry was posted in Hydro and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. hydro89 says:

Hi. I was trying to download Arc Hydro Tools for my Arc Map 10.1 today. But when I download the zip files, I can not extract because of this error: The archive is corrupt
    I tried from different computers but still the same problem

2. 7599252470_vaibhav says:

I tried from different computers but still the same problem

• Caitlin Scopel says:

Please follow these instructions, and you shouldn’t have a problem installing Arc Hydro Tools for 10.1:

Go to address: https://mft.esri.com

user: ADSRiverHydraulics

password: ADSRiver.2013

Once you are connected, do the following:
      1. Open incoming,
      2. ArcHydro and
      3. Setup10.1
      4. download the (32bit) ArcHydroTools.msi

If you are still having issues with setup, please contact the Arc Hydro team directly by emailing us at archydro@esri.com.

Caitlin

3. bortubocek says:

Hi. I try to start ArcGIS Hydro 10.1 tool and when i use button which is ” Data Management Terrain Preprocessing” i get an error like
    ” Node: DataMgmtCommon/ApLayers[@TagName='DataMgmtTerrain']does not exist in the DataMgmtCommon function configuration under HydroConfig node”
    How can i handle with this problem?

4. mang.baptiste says:

HI. I was trying to download Arc Hydro Tools for my Arc Map 10.1 today on the location path https://mft.esri.com/incoming/ArcHydro/Setup10.1/10.1.0.158/ArcHydroTools10.1 (the 10.1.0.132 is no longer available…) but i received this message : “Duplicate headers received from server
    The response from the server contained duplicate headers. This problem is generally the result of a misconfigured website or proxy. Only the website or proxy administrator can fix this issue.”
    I also tried with the path 10.1.0.160, with the same result. What can be done ?
    Thank you for your attention.

• rehakc says:

I ran into the same problem when trying to download ArcHydro last night. Then I tried using a different browser. I was originally using Google Chrome and it wouldn’t work but when I switched to IE it worked just fine. This may or may not work for you but did work for me.

5. mang.baptiste says:

I worked with IE. Thank you very much !

6. susieqhh says:

Hi, are the Arc Hydro Tools for ArcGIS 10.1 still in BETA?

7. npai says:

Hi,
    Look like the password will expire in 20 days.
    Thanks,
    Naresh

8. pedrodr9 says:

Hello, I have been trying to download this version, and once I go to the link trying to log in with the username and password that was provided here, it does not allow me. Is there something else I should be doing? Thank you.

9. gisjim32 says:

The user name and password you provided for download does not work. When will the download be available?

10. rs806 says:

bortubocek on June 10, 2013 had this problem, and I was wondering if anyone has figured it out? I have the same error message

Node: DataMgmtCommon/ApLayers[@TagName='DataMgmtTerrain'] does not exist in the DataMgmtCommon function configuration under HydroConfig node.

Windows 7 64 bit, ArcGIS 10.1

Thanks, Ray.

• rs806 says:

It now works but am not sure why. Maybe restarting ArcGIS a few times did it.

• Caitlin Scopel says:

It looks the Arc Hydro XML configuration was not properly loaded in the map document.
      Solution is to make the Arc Hydro toolbar visible and close the map.
      Open a new map document. The configuration should now be correctly loaded (do not use the old mxd).

Christine, Arc Hydro Team

11. monicamazurek says:

Hi. I cannot log in using the above user and password settings.
    Thanks,
    Monica

12. lachlanjaredt says:

Caitlin,
    I’m not having any luck logging in with ADSRiver.2013b
    Any suggestions?

13. danielrider82 says:

Arc hydro tools doesn´t work. Possibly mi windows version (8) is the problem. The download is problematic.