The upcoming Homeland Security Summit promises to be the best yet. We’ve lined up terrific speakers, demos, and plenty of opportunities to collaborate. The summit will be held July 21–24 at the Hilton Bayfront in San Diego, California.
The Plenary Session will feature these speakers:
- Rick Driggers, Chief Technology Officer, Department of Homeland Security
- Carla Boyce, director, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Integration Center
- Joe Adduci, Senior GIS Project Manager, Argonne National Labs
- Alexander Fuchs, Information Management Officer, Frontex Situation Center
- Mike Sena, Director, Northern California Regional Intelligence Center, and President, National Fusion Center Association
We’re providing special attention to helping you meet your mission. Everything we’re doing is targeted to help you deliver and extend the value of geotechnology.
Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Gain and enhance situational awareness using one comprehensive system
- Get the right resources to the right place at the right time
- Make informed decisions for a quicker and safer response
- Easily share and collaborate using the Web
- Capture and take advantage of user generated content
Perhaps our most impactful events are the ones where you get a chance to meet and mix with other attendees. The National Security Social and the Homeland Security Summit Welcome Expo/Social promise great food, drink, and a fun atmosphere.
Other highlights include:
- Demonstrations of ArcGIS 10.1, Esri’s most significant software release to date
- Lightning talks designed for executives and frontline staff
- Presentations of GIS through enterprise, cloud, mobile, and web solutions
- Two days of Esri User Conference access, including admission to the opening plenary session, Esri Public Safety Showcase area, and Esri homeland security and public safety speaker tracks.
You can also visit the Public Safety Showcase to see GIS solutions for law enforcement, fire, homeland security, and emergency management in Operation SafetyNet. You’ll discover applications for every workflow: mobile response, incident analysis, simulated disaster mapping, and more.
Some of the highlights of the Public Safety Events at the UC include:
- A new demo theater specifically for Operation SafetyNet
- The Public Safety Showcase Demo theater with more presentations
- A new Tech Workshop on Using ArcGIS Online for Public Safety
- There are two Public Safety Resource Center Tech Workshops this year
Here is a handy flyer that covers all Public Safety events in San Diego.
To learn more about the events mentioned above visit http://www.esri.com/events/user-conference/industry-focus/public-safety.html.