The public beta version of ArcGIS Explorer Desktop 2012 is now available to install. This represents a significant release with many new capabilities.
Key features available in the beta release include:
- Updated ArcGIS Online web map support.
- Integration with ArcGIS Online organizations and Portal for ArcGIS, including support for organization-specific search, sharing, roles, custom basemap galleries, and more.
- Attribute table display.
- New presentation capabilities, including slide animations, timed transitions, audio synchronization, presentation mark-up, and more.
- Enhanced pop-ups, including explicit pop-up sizing and positioning, and the ability to place multiple pop-ups on a single presentation slide.
- Portability – can be run from a thumb drive without installation.
- Enhanced search (same as for ArcGIS 10.1).
- Full support for KML tours.
- And more…
The beta is feature complete, but still a beta release, so problems and other glitches may still be found. We recommend using this version for testing purposes only, and do not recommend wide distribution throughout your organization.
See What’s New in ArcGIS Explorer Desktop for more information and details.
To download the beta visit the ArcGIS Explorer Desktop Resource Center.
The final release of ArcGIS Explorer Desktop 2012 is planned for August.