After nearly a year of development, and numerous beta releases, version 3.0 of the award winning ArcGIS API for Silverlight is now available for download. Here are a few highlights of what’s new in 3.0:
- Both Silverlight 4 and 5 are supported. Two sets of assemblies are included with the API to provide the best experience for the Silverlight platform of your choice.
- Both the Standard and Showcase Silverlight project templates are included for use with Visual Studio 2010 SP1, Visual Web Developer 2010 Express SP1, Expression Blend 4, and Expression Blend Preview for Silverlight 5.
- Support for new ArcGIS Server 10.1 services and capabilities:
- Change layer rendering, layer order, or add layers on the fly in map services
- Generate unique value and class break renderers on the server for layers in map services
- Use enhanced query options to order results and generate statistics
- Restrict feature editing using more granular service capabilities (add, update, delete)
- Utilize editor tracking and ownership based access to support more refined editing workflows with feature services
- Support for geometry with Z and M values
- Generate printable output using the new PrintTask
- Query and edit versioned layers in a geodatabase
- Use inputs from a query url, geometry with M and Z values, compressed geometry, and time with network services
- Use batch geocoding and search extents with geocode services
- Utilize mensuration, compute histograms, and edit rasters with image services
- Define calculation types on area and length measurements, do geodesic buffering, and reproject geometry with datum transformation using a geometry service
- Use item uploads or GPMultiValue for inputs, discover record set fields, and use the cancel operation when working with geoprocessing services
- A new Portal library (ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Portal) has replaced the WebMap library (ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.WebMap) available in previous versions of the API
- Use the new Portal library to search, discover, and use portal content, such as webmaps, on ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS sites
- Use IdentityManager to access token secured services and webmaps from ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, and Portal for ArcGIS sites
- Support for new languages: Dutch, Korean, Polish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Romanian
For a more comprehensive list of enhancements and updates to the API, take a look at What’s new in 3.0.
The ArcGIS Silverlight Development Team