The Mobile Team is pleased to announce that v1.1 of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android is now available for download from the resource center. Some of the improvements made in this release include:
- Ability to search for and access content, users, and groups on portals such as ArcGIS.com
- Support for Advanced Symbology which processes features whose definitions are stored locally on your device.
- Support for multiple MapViews in a single application allowing you to switch activities in a single application supporting multiple MapViews.
- Group Layers support all layer types including graphics layers and provides the ability to manipulate sub-layer visibility, opacity, and order.
- Support for secured services in web maps.
- Add Esri logo to ArcGIS Online Maps
- Support for revision 17 of the Android SDK Tools and of the Eclipse ADT plug-in.
- Project libs, e.g. ArcGIS_Android.jar, are packaged as a User Library.
- Redesigned Eclipse New Sample wizard
- New API Samples
And much more! You can refer to the documentation for more information about these improvements and how to migrate your existing applications to the new SDK.
For all of you who made it out to Palm Springs for the Developer Summit, thank you for coming and attending the sessions. We will soon make the Android application that was shown in the plenary and tech sessions available as a sample on the resource center. We hope to see you again at this year’s User Conference in San Diego.