Just in time for next week’s Developer Summit, we’ve made the version 3.0 Prerelease of the ArcGIS API and Viewer for Flex available for you to test drive.
This API release requires Adobe Flex 4.5 SDK or higher, which in turn requires at least Flash Player 10.2. The API includes more comprehensive support for ArcGIS 10.1 for Server, including:
- More dynamic rendering options
- Better editing support: editor tracking, ownership-based access control, and support for versions
- Support for the PrintTask to generate printable output on the server
- z and m-value support in map and feature services.
For a complete list of API enhancements go here.
Get the 3.0 API Prerelease from here.
On the Viewer side, this release builds on the comprehensive support for ArcGIS 10.1 for Server in the API, such as:
- Improved user experience, including a Print widget, smart URLs when browsing REST endpoints, and editing capabilities
- Support for Portal for ArcGIS
- Support for ArcGIS Online hosted services
- Support for proxy servers
- Enhanced localization capabilities
- Bug fixes
- Support for accessing secure services
For a complete list of Viewer enhancements go here.
Get the 3.0 Viewer Prerelease from here.
Enjoy, and we’ll see you at Dev Summit!
Contributed by the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex development team