Arc Hydro Tools Version 2.0 Are Now Available!

Esri has released a new version of the Arc Hydro Tools, version 2.0.

This is good news for those of you who have been waiting to upgrade your ArcGIS software until the new Arc Hydro Tools are ready.  In version 2.0, Arc Hydro tools are now fully compatible with ArcGIS version 10.0.

In addition to full compatibility with the software version 10.0, the new version of the Arc Hydro tools are also now fully available in the geoprocessing environment.

A lot of effort has been put into this release into improving performance for preprocessing large datasets.  The new version runs better and faster with larger datasets.

Arc Hydro Tools are free with your ArcGIS software license.  You may download version 2.0 of Arc Hydro Tools by connecting:

If you also need the tutorial data for both Arc Hydro Tools and Arc Hydro Tools for Geoprocessing, you may download both in a bundle here (146MB).

For past versions of Arc Hydro Tools, please see the Hydro Data Model page at esri.com.  Be sure to keep visiting the Hydro Data Model page for more information about upcoming Arc Hydro training classes and workshops.

Special thanks to Michael Dangermond for providing this post. Questions for Michael: MDangermond@esri.com.

This entry was posted in Hydro and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. Hornbydd says:

I’ve just downloaded the zip file from your blog page that contains ArcHydro 2. I have a Windows 7 64bit machine running ArcGIS 10. When I try to run the installer (ArcHydroTools_2_0.msi) it bombs out with an error message “Error 1606.Could not access network location ArcGIS 10.0″.

It tries to install it here:

C:Program Files (x86)ESRIWaterUtilsArcHydro

I have issues with other ESRI software because my work PC is a University roaming profile (I don’t have any choice in this) which points to a UNC path for “my documents”, could this be the problem?

Duncan

2. HydroTeamRC says:

This looks like the problem we have seen where the installer cannot get the Python information from the registry. We are working on a new setup, which should resolve this.

Thanks for your comment.

Sincerely,
    Arc Hydro Team

3. Ali says:

Hi
    I’ve just downloaded the zip file from your blog page that contains ArcHydro 2. I have a Windows 7 64bit machine running ArcGIS 10. When I try to run the installer (ArcHydroTools_2_0.msi) it bombs out with an error message ” an incorrect version of ApFramework was found on the system. ArcHydro Tools requires ApFramework9 Version and restart this installation.”
    I need to your help for solving this problem and using ArcHydro in machine.
    I searched alot about this version of ApFramework that see in this error but i cn’t find anything that help me. If it’s possible for you put an URL to downloading this ApFramework.
    thanks for your helping

• austwater says:

New version of ApFramework is include in ArcHydro 2.0
      First you need to uninstall ” “Water Utilities Application Framework” in Windows programs, and then try to install again ArcHydro 2.0
      That is what it worked for me.
      Regards..

4. stefan5 says:

Hey ESRI, ArcHydro Team,

I’m getting the same “Error 1606. Could not access network location ArcGIS 10.0″ when I try to install 2.0
    Like Hornbydd I’m on a University Campus – w/the My Docs folder moved to a network drive. I tried resetting My Docs to the default, but same error.
    Windows 7
    ArGIS 10.0 (SP 4)
    ArcGIS installed to the C:Progarm Files (x86)ArcGIS folder
    Python installed to the C:Python26ArcGIS10 folder

Any suggestions as to how to get ArcHydro to install?

thanks,
    ~stefan

5. srussell8570 says:

Hello!!

We upgraded to 10.1 and downloaded this application and attempted to install it. We received and error stating that ArcGIS 10 can not be located, therefore the install could not continue.

Any idea when this will be available for 10.1 users?

Thanks,
    Scott

6. hydroteamrc says:

Scott,
    Thanks for inquiring. We are currently working on the Arc Hydro Tools for ArcGIS 10.1, and we’ll have them complete this summer. Please read the for the announcement and for links to the new Arc Hydro tools.

Sincerely,
    Caitlin Scopel

7. ayersj says:

I just obtained the book “Arc Hydro Groundwater” published in 2011, but it seems pretty useless since I can’t install Arc Hydro Tools; I get the error message:
    Setup has not detected the ArcGIS Desktop 10 product installed
    on the system.
    ArcGIS Desktop 10 product must be installed before continuing
    with this installer.
    I get this message even when an ArcGIS program is running (I have v. 10.1 running on Windows 8 64-bit). This is the same message srussell8570 reported in June 2012. Is this because I am getting my license from a campus license server? Is there no fix forthcoming?

8. tuihanderson says:

I have a windows 8 machine with 10.1 and when I try to install arc hydro i get an error message stating arcgis 10 is not installed on my machine, it is of course. Any suggestions?

9. vahtras says:

I get the following trying to install

Setup has not detected the ArcGIS Desktop 10 product installed on the system.
    ArcGIS Desktop 10 must be installed before continuing with this installer.

I do have ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 installed

Regards,
    Olav

10. jane_xy says:

I just tried to download ArcHydro for Version 9.3 but the folder on the server is empty. Is there still a version for 9.3 available?

11. zswander says:

I’m trying to obtain these files via the instructions above, but am unsure of the username and password when connecting with FileZilla. The instructions say to use your private account (ESRI?), which did not work and neither did the combination presented on the page above. I must be missing something quite obvious, any suggestions?