by Sooria Jeyaraman
As you all know in our latest release we’ve added the capability to integrate ArcGIS.com maps in Business Analyst Online. Now we are stepping up the game and making it much easier to load. You can load the ArcGIS.com maps with a single click. How is that done you may ask?
Previously, you could load a web map from ArcGIS.com by copying and pasting the URL or ID from ArcGIS.com and clicking the “Load” button. Phew, that was so yesterday! In our soon to be released version, we are replacing this text box with a big, hard to miss “Browse ArcGIS.com” button.
The idea here is to bring up a dialog within Business Analyst Online that will let you browse the different web maps published in ArcGIS.com. For a better understanding, I have explained all the different user interface elements corresponding to this animated image below.
- This dialog appears by on clicking the Browse button. This dialog allows for seamless browsing of ArcGIS.com web maps within Business Analyst Online.
- Hovering over any of the thumbnails will show more details about the particular web map. You can either click on the map thumbnail or click the “Add this map” link to load the map on to Business Analyst Online. (Didn’t I promise one click adding? No more going to ArcGIS.com and copying and pasting the URL, just hover and click.)
- You can also search for a web map of your interest using the search box at the top. This provides the results in this same dialog and again just hover and click to add it.
- You can also sort by different options, by default the web maps are sorted by the recent maps added to ArcGIS.com
- You can flip through different pages by clicking on the links or just type in a page number to go to a particular page using these controls.
- You can also increase the default number of thumbnails shown here to a max of 64; the choice is yours.
This one click integration saves time in flipping between multiple windows to accomplish this task more efficiently. Loading ArcGIS.com maps in Business Analyst Online gives the you flexibility to turn on multiple operational layers along with any base map of their choice plus any thematic or smart map for deeper analysis.
Have fun mashing!