The iOS development team has just released an open, public beta for the next release of the ArcGIS API for iOS. It is available for download from our beta community site now! Sign up for the ArcGIS Beta Community at http://betacommunity.esri.com and click on the “ArcGIS API for iOS” link to join!
The 1.8 beta release builds upon the success of our 1.0 release and introduces the following new capabilities:
- a Sketch layer to easily create and edit geometries
- a magnifier for the map
- a high-performance, native, Geometry Engine to perform sophisticated geometric operations locally on the device
- support for web maps
- a new Route Task to generate point-to-point routes and driving directions using Network Analyst services.
- support for map to wrap around the dateline
- enhanced callout customization including the ability to display custom views in the callout
- much more…
We are looking forward to having you join our beta program and more importantly using the ArcGIS API to build new and exciting applications for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices!