We are very excited to announce the release of version 2.0 of ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint. Version 2.0 leverages the SharePoint 2010 platform and offers a wealth of new features and enhancements. A few of the highlights include:
- New look and feel – a sleek new look and feel integrates with the SharePoint 2010 ribbon and maximizes the screen area available for your map.
- Extensibility – The Map Web Part is extensible. Developers can create Silverlight extensions to interact with the map and layers, display Silverlight content inside the web part, and communicate with web services and other external components.
- Geoprocessing – ArcGIS Server Geoprocessing services can now be easily added as tools to the Map Web Part, enabling advanced spatial analysis.
- Theming – Designers can specify the colors of the pop-ups, dialogs, and panels that are shown within the Map Web Part. They can use the site theme colors or define a custom scheme.
- ArcGIS.com integration – a new Map Center is integrated into the Map Web Part and allows you to discover, open, and save maps from ArcGIS.com.
You can read more about all the new features and enhancements at 2.0 in the What’s New help topic.
Since version 2.0 of ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint includes the ability to write extensions to the ArcGIS Map Web Part, we are also pleased to announce the unveiling of the ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint Interactive SDK and Code Gallery. Use the interactive SDK to explore what the new extensibility endpoints enable you to develop, immediately see the code required, and download the samples. Visit the Code Gallery to view and download extensions developed by other users of ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint.
To get started with ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint 2.0, download the bits and install them on your SharePoint 2010 server today!
The ArcGIS SharePoint Development Team